GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redoing the whole truck but this time making a frame and painting everything, engine, tranny, frame, a arms, rear end, etc.... So this is the third and final time I'm bagging my truck.. I wasnt gonna post anything until it was done but I've used pics of other ppls builds and I hope my stuff helps somebody out.. My dad helped me make a jig/table for the frame to keep everything square. I've probably got about 2 days worth of measuring. Heres what I've got done so far.. I still have to prep the edges so I can weld everything up.. Also have to cut out the center for the drive shaft and put some tubing in..

Bought this frame from a local Salvage yard.. If anybody needs stock front suspension let me know. Its a little rusty but nothing paint cant fix.. Everything is straight as an arrow..

Frame001.jpg

Frame005.jpg

bare frame
The rust up front is from the brake fluid.. The frame isn't bent..
Frame009.jpg

Jig/Table
Frame010.jpg

Frame011.jpg

Frame013.jpg

Started cutting everything..
Frame012.jpg

Frame015.jpg

Frame016.jpg

Frame018.jpg

Frame017.jpg

Frame021.jpg

Frame022.jpg

Frame024.jpg

Frame023.jpg

The new wheels and like everything else couldn't resist to put them on to see what it would look like..
Frame008.jpg

Frame026.jpg

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Re: Third times a charm!! Bagged, bodydropped and 24's

what happend to the 4/6 and huge engine? your my hero with the way you change your mind.. and actually act on it.. i love it man

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

what happend to the 4/6 and huge engine? your my hero with the way you change your mind.. and actually act on it.. i love it man
Thats the only problem I have, I change my mind so damn much.. I think this is a better route for this truck.. The 427 LS1 is going in the mustang.. Thats a later project though.. I've changed my mind on that damn mustang so many times too!!

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts

want to get rid of the lower control arms??? i can pick them up if youd like.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts

fuck yeah man. those 2fos are bad as fuck. trucks gonna be real bitchin.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What happened to the old frame?

I might be interested in pickin it up.
Sold the old frame.. Its going on my buddys truck.. Well he said he wants it so I'm holding it for him, I guess if he doesnt take it I'll let you know...

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts

There 24" U2 55 wheels.. They have a 6" lip..
Good choice brother!! :head:

The truck is gonna be sweet.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts

You're crazy dude, but the good thing is that you actually get it done...
Nice choice on the wheels.

1,932 Posts

hey looks like a good start to a long hard project! Hope you keep dedicated and we get another BAD ass truck to look at. Those rims are cool, arnt they the ones that the spokes kinda bend back so the lip in HUGE? How much chassis building experience do you have, and im not talking about just welding? I am no professional chassis builder but I do have a little experience and schooling in this subject. If you would like I would love to give you some pointers to help make that chassis badass! PM me sometime so we could chat!

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts

sick man, ur rims on the wrong side btw :read: :crazy: but make sure to keep us updated, its gonna be effin BADASS

·
Registered
4,502 Posts

I dont get it....its easy to get low offset rims to tuck in the rear....to narrow the axle. but how are you gunna do it in the front? Align it high so it cambers in?

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I dont get it....its easy to get low offset rims to tuck in the rear....to narrow the axle. but how are you gunna do it in the front? Align it high so it cambers in?
Nope... Its not gonna have any camber.. I should be getting to that some time next week.. I've got pics. I'll load them up when I get back..

1 - 20 of 209 Posts