Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Blocks

Votes: 57 64.8%
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious... Seems to be pretty common the more i see bagged trucks for people to just drag straight frame. I just wanted to ask if majority of yall drag frame or blocks??

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats cool man. I think im going to buy some mounts from suicide doors and some titanium drag blocks. I guess once you tear the frame up, your stuck with either reinforcing it again and again or buying a new frame right or is it not that big of a deal?

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Not worth dragging frame no matter how "cool" it makes you. You will be the dumbass in the long run IMO.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if it was me, i wouldnt drag frame. I bought my truck bagged and the frame was already drug so i cant do anything about that. I wont be dragging it though. Id rather tear up blocks than the frame!

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Well if it was me, i wouldnt drag frame. I bought my truck bagged and the frame was already drug so i cant do anything about that. I wont be dragging it though. Id rather tear up blocks than the frame!
good call.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not worth dragging frame no matter how "cool" it makes you. You will be the dumbass in the long run IMO.
word,.........id reather drag body, but im not bodydropped...........i have drag bocks on my truck i wouldent drag my frame its cool but its stupid your just fu*kin up your shit when you do that

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats how i feel about it as well. I dont like tearing up my ride.

Curious... What do you do when you have drug your frame so bad its paper thin or all trashed out? There is a guy that works with my buddy at the dealer and he drags frame and his frame is so bad its wearing a hole in it.

Can you reinforce something like that or what?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You could plate the frame and make it just as strong, if not stronger than before. All of my buddies around here drag frame, its like theyre against blocks or balls. :lol:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I drag frame, but not on purpose. I have no desire to throw sparks everywhere; instead I'd rather ride as low as possible without dragging.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i drag frame... but i only drag like once a month at about 35-40 mph.... I'm against blocks or balls because i like to LAY FRAME not lay blocks...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with it being stupid to tear your frame up but i agree with bradleykd. It looks much better layin frame than blocks but i guess thats only worth it to some people.

If the frame can be reinforced and plated over and over with no problems, i suppose its not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
frame, titanium, and body here...ive got some 1" i.d. tubing weled to my frame with a nut weled to it and i slide in 1" o.d. titanium bar from the scrap yard and tighten a nut to hold it in. When we are filming i usually put the titanium down...other than that i drag body/frame occasionally on the way to shows or if im cruisin with some friends. Usually when i drive any where i would rather ride .5" off the ground then drag though. I dont really drag anymore unless we are filming or if someone calls me a pussy lol

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
frame, titanium, and body here...ive got some 1" i.d. tubing weled to my frame with a nut weled to it and i slide in 1" o.d. titanium bar from the scrap yard and tighten a nut to hold it in. When we are filming i usually put the titanium down...other than that i drag body/frame occasionally on the way to shows or if im cruisin with some friends. Usually when i drive any where i would rather ride .5" off the ground then drag though. I dont really drag anymore unless we are filming or if someone calls me a pussy lol
Ahaha right on freeman, we need to go out for a drag some time.

But i drag my trailer hitch lol, I dont use it so I might as well us it for some other purpose.

·
Negative Camber
369 Posts
I think it looks stupid to drop your ass and drag blocks out back. When I want to drag, I'm going to lay the shit out and drag the frame. I dont want blocks or plates holding the truck up. If I fuck it up, I could care less, just gives me a reason to do more to the truck. I very very seldom drag my truck and when I do its at low speeds. I'm not one of these dumbass's you see rollin 80mph down the interstate dragging. I could care less about throwing sparks. I have more fun rolling with the frame just barely off the ground than I ever have dragging.

I'm against blocks. I think it also has to do with the fact that so many people around here are scared to cut on their trucks, and have to make drag bars, use blocks, or some kind of hunk of steel in order to drag. Dragging isnt really all that cool unless your truck lays full frame or rockers in my opinion.

Never once before I ever bagged my truck did I see someone dragging and want a bagged truck to drag. The reason I wanted a bagged truck is because my static dropped truck didnt look low anymore and now laying frame isnt low enough so I want it on the rockers.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the look of titanium sparks is bad ass but i am much more impressed when i see a truck lay out completely on the frame like you said.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i use to be the dumbass youd see laying at 80+ but i tore the truck up so i hvent worried about bagging until recently. i miss the air flow....ill be bagging the ear then ill gt some more info on the front along with how to build custom bag mounts up front.

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
used to drag the frame, now the truck stays off the ground unless its neccesary

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My buddy says running blocks is like riding with training wheels. lol He says be a man and lay frame! haha

Thats just another opinion though...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts