GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've had similar threads about what PSI you run but this is specifically height, roughly or exact doesn't matter. About how high do you drive off the ground? Frame to ground, I don't care how much PSI or how much tire you tuck I need to know frame to ground measurement. Thanks guys! :shake:

·
'10 AVY Z71
340 Posts
In my blazer I was about 2.5". Hard to see but this was it.
Rollin.jpg

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I use to skim the streets..One reason why there's no reflectors down the road I live on..lol

·
rox
191 Posts
when I air out my s10 I the back drop about 2inches and the front drop about 4. Yeah I ride a little cali

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cool so typically under 4" I got something in the works (possibly) and just wanted to see the average.

·
Registered
364 Posts
2" in the city lifting front slightly to make turns. I set my driveshaft/pinion angles and alignment at 4" this is what I ride at on open highway maybe rear end a little lower depends on the road.

·
'10 AVY Z71
340 Posts
I always had my frame plated. So I wasn't to worried about tapping the frame. I've seen many trucks get ruined by dragging to much frame. Just be careful when your out there.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I usually drive at a 5-8 through 6-9 drop if you were measuring against static dropped trucks.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
2 fucking inches? r u dense? id be smashing frame over every bump here in our new england roads, damn pot holes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
2 fucking inches? r u dense? id be smashing frame over every bump here in our new england roads, damn pot holes.
I love Florida..:big_banana_Dance:

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Nick, I thought you already had your ride height determined and stuff?

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
2-3" for me. I have to raise the front for sharp turns even with narrowed track. After I BD I will probably have it around 4" for normal cruise. I'm going to get the digital leveling so I can have a few good heights depending on road conditiond and mood i'm in.

·
BOW TIE BOYZ
156 Posts
the lowest possible as long as you don't run any ants over, ha ha!

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea that's my plan, set it up for the the suspension to be ideal geometry at about 4"

1 - 20 of 53 Posts