GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats everyones ride height, how high off the ground is your frame?

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
i haven't got my front shocks in yet. but i see alot of guys around town drive with the front up(im guessing so you can steer), and the rear low. it might ride well like that. i try to stay level. my stance is what cajundragger's stance is in his sig. of course rims not as big.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I ride at a 4-5" drop in the front and usually tucking a little bit of tire in the back. My muffler drags over speed bumps and over big dips in the roads, but whatever. I used to ride a little bit higher but recently I've been riding as low as I can. I show 90-100 psi in the front and 70ish in the back, but digitals are not accurate.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I ride mine about 80-85 in the front and 70 or so in the rear on average.

I like the front to be just enough to where i can steer without hitting anything but the rear lower so it tucks more and rides a little cali.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I ride at a 4-5" drop in the front and usually tucking a little bit of tire in the back. My muffler drags over speed bumps and over big dips in the roads, but whatever. I used to ride a little bit higher but recently I've been riding as low as I can. I show 90-100 psi in the front and 70ish in the back, but digitals are not accurate.
How inaccurate are digitals? I was told to get digitals but I don't know if its worth the hastle of more wiring. Do you prefer needles?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Mine has needles and i like them. Ive seen digitals and they are really nice but i would think the needles would be a little more acurate.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
The front around 110 and the rear at 15.

Those are to clear the 22's though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have to clear my tires by a couple inches in the front... there is NO play with my fenders.. haha. i have no lip... but i tuck most of the tire in the back. cali like a mofo =) i'm usually runnin about 95-100psi up front and i dont really know in ther rear becuase my indash screen is usually blockin that guage.. haha

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i use to ride at 85-90 up front, and 45-50 at the rear...but i was running stockers on an obs, and i didnt have a back bumper no spare tire, and on huge bumps like seigion lane crossing airline onto sherwood forest, i'd lay the frame by the tank on the ground doing about 50, but i didnt have shocks....other than that...when i was in town id ride with about 70-75 up front, but thats hugging a 27" tire...so id reckon it was around 3 1/2 off the ground front and rear.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
That aint true, dakota digital 200psi senders arn't accurate but the new KP system as well as the Autopilot from easy street are accurate to the PSI.

To answer your question on my obs I run around a 5/7 drop, about 90 psi in the front and about 68 in the back.

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
i think i untuck my 30.5 tall tires with my front cross member about 4inches off the ground but i would have to double check that

i only have a single digital air gauge for tank pressure,
i have no idea how much air pressure i have in my bags, i do it all by feel

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
usually road reflectors let me know Im just right. lol

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
pussy.gif

:crazy:

i used to drive with the back tucking tire, the front 2 finger widths bellow the fender. I only really made sure it was about there when I was driving on the freeway. You're not really going to eat tires at low speeds.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ride all the way up in front and as low as I can go in the back.........but if i was bodydropped i would ride it like an inch off the floor.lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
I run at about 80-90 psi up front.... and in the back i run simply as low as i possibly can without draggin over everything.... unless of course im in town without having to turn too sharp... then i go to pretty much as low and as level as i can drive:head:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts