GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is possible to swap out my kp kit and front bags for a lift kit,if so how difficult of an ordeal is this. I have a kp kit out back and just bags and cups up front. I wanna have it lifted with my 20s and big tires like ewogy's but maybe not that high. thanx in advance
ross

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
You've lost your mind :nono: .. but uh, yeah, suppose it's very possible, I would think it's all totally reversible.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Easily done. Many companys make front Spindles, Arms and rop cradles to lift the front. The rear you need you stock spring hangars and get you a set of Deaver Springs. Then regear the rearend for the tires. Lee me know if you need any more help

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want like an 8" lift, so it will work nice with the off road 20" tires, even though the front spring cup is cut for the bag thats not a prob?thanx a lot guys

·
ridin low no mo'
643 Posts
you will have trouble even clearing a 35" tire with only 8" of lift. if you're gonna run a 20" rim, i suggest atleast a 37-38" tall tire...otherwise it just looks funky IMO

·
ridin low no mo'
643 Posts
you can get some flat steel and weld it in to fill the step notch, ive seen it done on a local's truck here and then he had the whole fender well line-x'ed, looked pretty clean if you ask me.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
02chevy said:
I want like an 8" lift, so it will work nice with the off road 20" tires, even though the front spring cup is cut for the bag thats not a prob?thanx a lot guys
It should have just been minimal cutting on the sharp edges .. shouldn't effect a spring sitting back into the pocket .. I mean that's where your cups are sitting, they are bolted in most likely but they would stay in even if they weren't (while under inflation).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i would just get the notch plated over, it doesnt come into the bed so i guess that would be a plus. how much does a normal 8-10" lift cost

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
i know a person who was bagged with a similar kit like yours and then went lifted because they had a lot of problems with their bags. the lift looked good except you could see the notch cut in the frame.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
whats the purpse of a lifted 2wd?

i know you want it for looks but in my mind its the same as bagging a 4x4 and trying to layout, it just wasnt meant to be...

oh well good luck i have seen it done before but the guy put a str8 axle up front and actually made it a 4x4

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
JoeJ said:
wow, put down what ever you are smoking bro, NOW
pass that shit :mexsmoke: I think your truck is bad ass how it looks but to each his own, it is your truck, afterall.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
lifting a 2wd is for a person who doesn't need a 4wd or wants to make it into a prerunner. I usually don't use 4wd, only when i race and when i go into really powdery stuff in pismo. 2wd with weight in the bed can do alot

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
It would be tight but you might be able to clear the 36-13.50-20 Iroc with the CST 7" kit along with a 3" body lift. But the body lift may affect the notch out back to make it look worse not sure... You are looking close to $1700-$2000 for the cst kit with shocks and the body lift...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
leave the bags and get a lift spindle. that will be sweet!

and you will have a fun time trying to clear your rims on a lifted truck with the backspacing that you have. just something to think about.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the reason why Im asking is cuz i really like the way ewogy's and automoverride's cousin's truck look lifted with the 20"s. also I might be switching schools in the near future to one that is 5 hours away and dont want to have to worry about being along and having problems on my way to or from. also i just got the rear all shaved and it WILL LOOK GAY stock height all shaved, its gotta still be modified,and also im not worried about my notch showing cuz it doesnt go into the bed and it can easly be plated

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually if you went with a body lift you could just put in gap covers front and back and not worry about the notch. It wouldn't be as noticeable anyway.

Is the 36 the biggest you can go with a 7" cst?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts