GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what shocks do you guys recomend?

im guessing that the shocks will make all the diff. in my ride quality. so i want to do this right.

what have you guys learned from experience?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cant go wrong with Bilsteins. A little more expensive but I can drive my truck an inch off the ground and not worry about bottoming out. I drove it from San Diego to Bakersfield last year for Summer Madness and half the guys in my club remarked on how low I drive my truck on the freeway and how smooth it looked. Bilstein all the way.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Cant go wrong with Bilsteins. A little more expensive but I can drive my truck an inch off the ground and not worry about bottoming out. I drove it from San Diego to Bakersfield last year for Summer Madness and half the guys in my club remarked on how low I drive my truck on the freeway and how smooth it looked. Bilstein all the way.
what kinda truck u got? NBS? OBS? what setup are u running? if ur running the KP 6link, what part # are u using on the bilsteins?

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as far as figuring out the length i need;

do i measure from hole to hole when im laid out and also fully inflated and use those numbers (range) to get the right ones?

do shocks ever really slow down the bags from inflating/deflating quickly?

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
do i measure from hole to hole when im laid out and also fully inflated and use those numbers (range) to get the right ones?

do shocks ever really slow down the bags from inflating/deflating quickly?
Yes, and yes but not much...

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
if your running a KP 6-Link this is what you'll need:

Compressed Length 13.125"
Extended Length 20.875"

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are the bilsteins a bit stiffer than the monroe sensa tracs? i dont want too stiff of a ride, but of course not too soft. i dunno, i've never actually riden in a bagged truck, so you guys that have done it and tried these shocks, let me know what to get between the two. and if ya know of a cheap place to buy them.

thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
I bought my shocks from NAPA or you can order monroe shocks directly from the website. They ran me $77 for the pair of Sensa tracs it took like 3 days for me to get them. I didnt notice a huge difference in inflation and deflation of the bags but its helps with rebound and smoothness of ride like you wouldnt believe.

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
Bilsteins are defiantly going to be stiffer.

I would just order some monroes from rockauto.com

1 - 20 of 31 Posts