GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally decided to sit down and put together a “build thread” for the truck. I’ll try to include most of the pertinent details along the way. Bought the truck brand new in late Feb ’14. 2014 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Short Bed LTZ w/ Nav and Driver Assist. It was one of the last “cheaper VINs” before the GM $2k price hike so I scored a sweet deal on it, on top of my GM family employee discount.

Bone Stock

2.5” Level - 22” Black CK375 Reps - 285/50R22 Nitto Terra Grapplers – Some CM / Black Theme

Bumpers CM

2.5” Level + 1.5” Body Lift – Same Wheels/Tires + 1.5” Wheel Spacers – More CM

Same 4” of Lift – BMW Novakane 20x9 0 offset – 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers

My first venture into the White/Chrome Theme
Same 4” of Lift – 20x10 Moto Metal 951 – 33x12.50R20 Federal MTs

Back to the black theme
Same 4” of Lift - 20x10 Moto Metal MO970 -24 - 33x12.50R20 Federal MTs

Same 4” of Lift - 20x10 Moto Metal MO970 -24 – 305/55R20 Tri-Ace Pioneer (Toyo AT2 Clone)

Back to chrome theme
Same 4” of Lift – OEM 22x9” CK158s + 5/16” wheel spacers – 305/45R22 Terra Grapplers

CM Headlights / LED Fog Lights Project

Same 4” of Lift – Traded the CK158s for stock '14+ Sierra Polished wheels +cash until the new setup arrived (I ran out of allowable pics but I'll count these towards the "total setup count")

Same 4” of Lift – Temporary 22” Menzari wheels – 33x12.50R22 Toyo MTs

3.5” Susp + 1.5” Body Lift – 22x10 -24 Moto Metal MO964 - 33x12.50R22 Toyo MTs

AND FINALLY PRESENT DAY (as of 12/16/14  )
Same 5” of Lift – Same Wheels and Tires + 1.75” BORA Wheel Spacers

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What process did you use to prep/paint your bumper? I did my 07, but it didn't turn out very well. Yours looks great!
The bumpers are powdercoated...although I've always liked the chrome bumper/painted plastic look with this style so I played around with some plastidip on an "extra" bumper I have to mess with. I really like the look so I may try to make it permanent

In for next set of wheels.

Looks great though man, this last setup looks best imo!
This may actually happen much sooner than I thought lol just need a guy to find time to meet up with me on a potential new setup

Looks great but truck needs exhaust in a bad way
Yeah this is definitely in the works, just has been super low on the priority list

· "...needs more tire..."
1,775 Posts
damn man! That's a lot of shoes in a short period lol. Hope you found the perfect set up your finally happy with. atm your truck looks nice as it sits. Great progress pics. :thumbsup:

Questions I have for you is:

This current set up; "AND FINALLY PRESENT DAY (as of 12/16/14  )
Same 5” of Lift – Same Wheels and Tires + 1.75” BORA Wheel Spacers"

Your still running into rub issues w/5" on 33's? I was debating on a temp 22/12-33s set up for my HD but tbh it doesn't sit up that much more than a 1500... I'm wondering if it's just because that particular offset or something. The keys for the HD only bump up the front another ~2-2.5" like every other lvl iirc and an HD prolly only sits ~1.5"-2" taller I'm thinking. DnW to get a "temp lift" just to run a temp setup. I'm no suspension expert though.

either way, I like what you did with your heads. nice job sir.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Gotta say..look effing sweet as it sits

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damn man! That's a lot of shoes in a short period lol. Hope you found the perfect set up your finally happy with. atm your truck looks nice as it sits. Great progress pics. :thumbsup:

Questions I have for you is:

This current set up; "AND FINALLY PRESENT DAY (as of 12/16/14  )
Same 5” of Lift – Same Wheels and Tires + 1.75” BORA Wheel Spacers"

Your still running into rub issues w/5" on 33's? I was debating on a temp 22/12-33s set up for my HD but tbh it doesn't sit up that much more than a 1500... I'm wondering if it's just because that particular offset or something. The keys for the HD only bump up the front another ~2-2.5" like every other lvl iirc and an HD prolly only sits ~1.5"-2" taller I'm thinking. DnW to get a "temp lift" just to run a temp setup. I'm no suspension expert though.

either way, I like what you did with your heads. nice job sir.
Rocky,

Here is a pic I took next to my Uncle's brand new 2500HD Sierra.

I know it's a rear shot but you can see his tailgate is slightly higher than mine. I couldn't get a front wheel well shot to show the difference but my opinion from the trucks sitting side by side is that your HD w/ a true level kit (just meaning the front is identical to the rear) I believe you will have more fender well clearance than my 1500 @ 5"s and that your 22x12/33s combo would be perfect!

Got any more pics with the novakanes and 305/50s? You got me thinking I may need a body lift now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope that setup was very short lived, that was the only pic I had on my phone

*Christmas Update* Got some new OLED taillights, makes such a difference!

· Rollin Stoned
93 Posts
what method did you use to paint the chrome grille and h/l trim? I've had so many painters tell me that painting chrome is asking for problems later on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.