GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baggin a 03 sierra ext cab!! **NEW PICTURES 6-10-09**

***UPDATE 6/11/11 PAGE 7***

im not doing the work, but its my friends truck. he is on here but cant post pictures or someshit so here it is.

its all the normal bs 1/2" dual compressors bags that dumb shit...

rear is custom notch and bridge kit from Grunion Fabrication
also a parallel 4 link w/ pan hard from Grunion Fabrication

www.grunionfabrication.com/

Front is djm upper and lower arms, with kp cups

Truck is being fully tig welded.

They started it last weekend, here is the work so far

truck_build_028.jpg

truck_build_016.jpg

truck_build_019.jpg

truck_build_020.jpg

truck_build_021.jpg

truck_build_022.jpg

truck_build_030.jpg

truck_build_031.jpg

truck_build_032.jpg

truck_build_033.jpg

truck_build_034.jpg

truck_build_041.jpg

let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
nice simple setup, i like it. and clean tig welds, lil hot around the notches because it looks like its burning the alloys out(unless hes using R60) but i doubt it will make a difference in strength. and im glad to see more people fish plating their 2x4 notches, props man.

what tig welder and rod is he using if you dont mind me askin.

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure, but the dude taht owns it might know...

i sent him the link so hopfully he will post up

·
Perfect Poise
34 Posts
the welder were using is a Miller syncrowave 250dx as for the rod im not sure i will find out, my buddy wes is the one doing all the the welding so props to him he is doing a awesome job. i will try to figure out how to post more pictures,

·
Registered
921 Posts
Looks great so far. I wish i could afford a tig welder you can make so much shit with it, but the mig will have to do for now

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the welder were using is a Miller syncrowave 250dx as for the rod im not sure i will find out, my buddy wes is the one doing all the the welding so props to him he is doing a awesome job. i will try to figure out how to post more pictures,
joe?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
awesome welder right there, looks like your probably using ER70S2. deff post up more pics.

·
Perfect Poise
34 Posts
yea i gonna try to finish up the rear this weekend, then move on to the front also im gonna try to figure out how to post more pics of the progress, trying to get this thing done by june 18th or so for a show were having,

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe next pay check i will have 200 bucks to buy some tie rods and you can have my djm uppers there klun

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea he said he was using 70s, but man no love for a clean bagged ext cab?

ill try and get more pics this week

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dig it, the work is clean and precise. Any reason for going with the parallel 4link as opposed to a triangulated 3 or 4 link with the bags on the lower bars?

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
original plan was to use the parallal 4 link, over the axle with 2800 bags so he could tow his boat, plans have since changed since he bought all the stuff. He dry storages his boat, but since he has all this stuff alrdy instead of losing money on it. we just went with it

·
Perfect Poise
34 Posts
Made some good progress this last weekend got the notch cut out and the bridge and bags set up and welded in, got the panhard setup and welded in now just have some finishing up all small stuff, trying to get some pics up

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made some good progress this last weekend got the notch cut out and the bridge and bags set up and welded in, got the panhard setup and welded in now just have some finishing up all small stuff, trying to get some pics up

word, uploading them right now!

1 - 20 of 146 Posts