GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that this has very little to do with a fullsize gm truck, but it is a fullsize gm car and the suspension is very similar.

so my question to you is this:
my manager at work rides around in his caprice classic (once was a cop car and still has the spot lite) and he has lowered it 6 inches already. but he wants to bag it. he used to have an 88 scsb truck layn body, but the body drop was done wrong and f-ed up the rest of the truck, so he's no stranger to an air bag system. however, he's not sure if a 4 link for a truck would also fit his caprice. share your wealth of knowledge and help a guy out.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you can't four link a sedan i believe... my friend has a bagged caprice, i've posted pics of it before. I believe AOL is the only way you can go with cars... that why they have ths stupid air can things.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
you can't four link a sedan i believe... my friend has a bagged caprice, i've posted pics of it before. I believe AOL is the only way you can go with cars... that why they have ths stupid air can things.
A big Chevy car should already have a factory triangulated 4-link. ART has a coolride kit for it for $399 for the rear

If he doesn't like the sleeve bags, you *might* be able to put the kit made for the Caprice wagon kit in the rear, I'm not sure on this. Same price.

The front is $549

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what if he did a 2 link? he doesnt want it to lay out, just get low and go up... he's a tall mother f-er (like 6'7"), so he wants to be able to cruise low but life up the car to get out...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
what if he did a 2 link? he doesnt want it to lay out, just get low and go up... he's a tall mother f-er (like 6'7"), so he wants to be able to cruise low but life up the car to get out...
If it already has a 4-link, why would you want to 2-link it? .. I'd say if anything, take the factory bars out and reinforce them and keep it a triangulated 4-link.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bad... didnt see your post up there.

ill tell him to check his rear suspension and go from there. but otherwise it should be pretty basic i would assume...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
caprice's are the shit... but of course nothing beats an Impala SS (R.I.P. my 96 SS)

i want an 85 caprice so bad...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
onyx said:
caprice's are the shit... but of course nothing beats an Impala SS (R.I.P. my 96 SS)

i want an 85 caprice so bad...
Bryce, since you had a Caprice (Impala SS), I am right aren't I, that they have a factory 4-link? The 2 lower links are longer, with 2 short triangulated links on top ... my Malibu is like that, It's considered a G-body like a Monte Carlo .. the Caprices are B-Bodys I think.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
bcubed said:
Bryce, since you had a Caprice (Impala SS), I am right aren't I, that they have a factory 4-link? The 2 lower links are longer, with 2 short triangulated links on top ... my Malibu is like that, It's considered a G-body like a Monte Carlo .. the Caprices are B-Bodys I think.
Yes, you're right.

When you go low on these cars the short length of the stock trailing arms causes the rear axle to be pulled forward, you'll see it on those cars when the wheel is closer to front of the fenderwell than the back. Looks like ass. :D

I know some company makes longer arms for them, but I don't know who. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Yes, you're right.

When you go low on these cars the short length of the stock trailing arms causes the rear axle to be pulled forward, you'll see it on those cars when the wheel is closer to front of the fenderwell than the back. Looks like ass. :D

I know some company makes longer arms for them, but I don't know who. :D
Hey guys..first post here. I've been lurking for a while though. Anyway...caprice/impala suspension is perhaps one of the easiest to bag. They get pretty darned low as well. The front is almost identical to the fullsize trucks. The rear is a coil sprung suspension so all you have to do is replace the coil with a bag and your good to go. Actually you can make them lay pinch weld with very little work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts