GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum and I have a question, in about three weeks Ill be baggin my truck but wont be able to use my current 20'' wheels so Ill have to run stocker for the time being, now my question is am I going to have to run a smaller tire with my stock wheels? ILL be using ART cool ride upper and lower control arms and KP 4 link w/ canti in the rear thanks for the help in advance :worship:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
chevyman992002 and LowBlue02 both are bagged on stock wheels (im pretty sure they both lay frame 2) so PM one of them or theyll chime in and tell ya

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You can run the stock wheels and tires, you just won't lay out...you'll hit the tops of the fenders with the tires. An option is to run smaller tires to go ahead and lay out, but i think it looks kinda silly to run low pros on stock wheels, thats just my opinion though :whip:

·
Registered
559 Posts
or just cut ur fenders which u might have to do to lay depending on what size tires on the 20s you use, right now i have my stocks(tires from the factory) on my truck, it lays just fine, but i cut a bunch of shit,but that never bothers me :bowtie:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i ran the stock SUV tires for awhile until i could afford some billet 20s. You hit the top of the tires when laid out. its actually more fun that way, you can slam your truck on the ground too with out worrying about bottoming out.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
If you want to run stock wheels, and you want to lay, it ain't gonna happen on stock tires. You can run a smaller tire on the stock wheel and tuck fine, without going TOO low-pro. I have 225/60/16s, and ya ya it looks weak (when do stock wheels not?), but you'll be able to lay no problem. :bowtie:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I need is to have smaller tires for the front correct? I can still keep the stock tires for the rear? I know its going to look weak for now but I should have been smarter by starting with the suspension and then buying wheels but hey no one is perfect..now I have to deal with what Ive got and live with it. :bawl:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i've got an extra set of 20s too.

u don't even need to run smaller front tires. They won't rub, unless u drive it too low. My 245/40/20s don't hit the top of my fender wheels now though. If youre worried about that, then yes, you can go with a smaller front tire.

Oh, my fenders got a little fatter from my airbags. The tires pushed out both sides of my fenders, so my truck is a lil fatter than stock.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
If you want to run stock wheels, and you want to lay, it ain't gonna happen on stock tires. You can run a smaller tire on the stock wheel and tuck fine, without going TOO low-pro. I have 225/60/16s, and ya ya it looks weak (when do stock wheels not?), but you'll be able to lay no problem. :bowtie:
:word: im running the same size tires and it lays out nicely.

·
Registered
119 Posts
fa1se-1mage said:
All I need is to have smaller tires for the front correct? I can still keep the stock tires for the rear? I know its going to look weak for now but I should have been smarter by starting with the suspension and then buying wheels but hey no one is perfect..now I have to deal with what Ive got and live with it. :bawl:

My truck is bagged on stock wheels and tires and it hits the fenders in the front and back, its likes about 1.5" before laying completely out. But that is no longer a problem because I am currently getting those fender wells replaced, along with a shorter cross member, so it will lay completely out for the 22's I plan on running. I would suggest keeping stockers until you have money for new wheels and tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts