GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking into bagging my truck. i still want to use my bed though to haul around my jetski in the summer. i heard i could just mini c-notch it, instead of fully notching it. also in the front, i think it would only go down an inch before the tires hit the inner fender wheel well. since this is my daily, i dont want to cut out the fenders and what not. im currently running the 3/4 belltech drop kit (which would have to come completely off) and 22" rims all around. is it pointless to bagg the truck then?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
265/40-22

my front looks like it sticks out a centimeter too much, might just go 1/2" then hit, or drag down the side of the rim. ill go take some pix

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i took some pix of the front and rear, i think the rims stick out a little too far in order to bagg it....oh well :(

front shots:

rear shot:

i took a straight edge to some of them to get an idea on where it would hit, instead of ballparking it

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
the front will camber in a little so i would guess that you would be okay
werd, and it won't come close to laying out with a c-notch

i would run a smaller tire though, 265/35/22...you might have to roll your fenders or pull your bedsides to get the rears to tuck....do you know the offset of your wheels?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i could call and ask my offset, i forget. i just got the rims and tires, so i guess i just wont bagg it, because everything is new. i was thinking atleast doing a mini c-notch in the rear so i stop bottoming out, or doing the belltech air over leaf so the ass wont sag and bottom out when i put my jetski in.

oh well, ive been thinkin of a bunch of things to do anyways, i still got some work to do on the exterior, then the interior, then i was thinkin about dropping an LS1 in it after i pay this thing off :)

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
you can't run 265-40-22s....it's too tall...and if you arent willing to run 35s...then dont do it at all..

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah that looks good, i dont really need it to lay completely on the ground, that low is low enough for me. but im not going to hack up my truck and roll the fenders and all this stuff, or get new rims/tires. i got some other projects i guess i could do instead.

·
EscaWHAT?
1,318 Posts
thats also 255/35/20s. You can lay a nbs without cutting ANY fenders with a 255/35/20 package....I've seen about 5 trucks around here like that. They DO lay, just not hard at all.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
if you dont want to cut anything then i would personaly step down to a 20 like stated above...run a Kp kit in the rear(or some sort of canti setup) with a under bed notch...AVS sells this notch now(shAIM use 2 be the only place im aware of)...you dont even need drop spindals for the front...this is my buddy davids truck...still has the stock front fenders and no hole in the bed and it lays and drags good...
SS22.jpg

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
if you dont want to cut anything then i would personaly step down to a 20 like stated above...run a Kp kit in the rear(or some sort of canti setup) with a under bed notch...AVS sells this notch now(shAIM use 2 be the only place im aware of)...you dont even need drop spindals for the front...this is my buddy davids truck...still has the stock front fenders and no hole in the bed and it lays and drags good...
SS22.jpg
Was that picture taken at slamfest 06?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:imo 265/35/22 wontmake any better of a difference. when it comes to if they will rub or not. 265/35/22 mis 29.3 and 265/40/22 is 30.3or .5 i think i cant remember. but its only 5% more in side wall. the width of the tire does not change at all.
your rims are most likely around a +20 offset. and you can get them to lay more if you cut the back lip off and flare the bedside a little. thats what i had to do on my 6" drop witha +20. then i added shackles and it tucks a little tire.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
na i took that picture at a smaller show in warner robins but he was at slamfest with us...heres a couple more with that truck in them
Slamfest6.jpg

Slamfest4.jpg

Slamfest3.jpg

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats sick. i guess if i can find someone around here to buy my rims/tires for a good price id go get some 20s and bagg it. but i doubt anyone will buy them, not many ppl around here have a 6 lug and have the money for 22s

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
i wish i could buy them. :(

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You going to slamfest again this year? I'll be going with a bunch of people from down here in the MIA. If you are i'll try to find you and say whats up... I saw you driving around last time though.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Um so yeah I have a similar question.
Looking at a wheel 22x9.5 +30mm offset
This equals 6.43 in of backspacing (according to a chart I found on this site)
So then this should tuck fine with a 265/35/22 tire right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts