GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have detailed instructions including pictures on how to put bags on my truck take in note i already have a 4/6 djm drop on it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
this is pretty vague dude!.....there is shit ton of ways to do a bag set up on these trucks.....

are you talkin bg over axle with your 4/6 that you alrady or have?...or a complete bag set up?

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a complete bag system i am getting the setup from this guy in lake charles his shop is called xtreme Kustomz i am getting the whole kit for 1300 dollars and i want instructions (detailed and with photos) on how to put it on step by step cuz i am doing it myself with the help of a friend or does anyone know where i can get a complete system cheap but effective. i am not looking to spend alot of money. i would appreciate any info.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
as anyone will tell you......you get what you pay for when it comes to this kinda stuff...

$1300 for a complete front and back bag set up??.....i would find out who the manufacturer is and what kinda system it is...cuz that is VERY cheap and it is prolly some shAIM Industries/Chassis Tech shit which you DO NOT watn on your truck... but there is a ton of different kits out there and all are completely different....no way to get you pictures of one specific set up that you think you will have

i would say if you are not ready to spend a decent amount of money....do not bag your truck!..you will have problems later gauranteed!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
i agree, i have been wanting to bag my truck for awhile now but after reading and researching i am waiting to get the ART and Kp setup, if you can tell the guys what u want, like if u want to lay frame on 22s or 20s and a 4-link or whatever im sure they will point you in the right direction, but i am saving up to get the good stuff, dont want to go down the road and your suspension f up and then you will be out a lot more money then u would have if u woulda bought the good stuff cuz who knows what would fuck up then......

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
holy shit! $1300 will barely buy you a 6-link from KP

·
layin big rubber
1,404 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
thats what i paided after shipping and everything to up here
wow, that's alot for shipping. they go for $999 without shipping at suicidedoors.

Even with AIM stuff, how in the hell do you get everything for $1300? Maybe I haven't priced AIM stuff but that is way too cheap.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
wow, that's alot for shipping. they go for $999 without shipping at suicidedoors.

Even with AIM stuff, how in the hell do you get everything for $1300? Maybe I haven't priced AIM stuff but that is way too cheap.
there are some guys around here who "install" bags..from what i hear from others, they tell them that they can have bags for $500:rofl2::rofl2:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
there are some guys around here who "install" bags..from what i hear from others, they tell them that they can have bags for $500:rofl2::rofl2:
LMAO!......$500?......damn i dont even wanna think of what that gets you, or should i say DOESNT get you

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Like these guys mentioned here, you really need to research some more on bag setups and make sure you know what you're getting before you get it. Even for the cheapest bag setup (weld on components), $1300 seems a bit on the cheap side, but it could be. Do you or your friend know how to weld?

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah we know how to weld the kit is a 4link system i only want to do front back and pancake most of the kit comes from suicidedoors.com

·
layin big rubber
1,404 Posts
1300 shipped for my kp 6link

3 boxes at about 85pounds or so

we pay like 3 times the amount because alaska is
"over seas" because most of the compny fly the stuff in or it comes in a truck

if u drive it, from seattle to anchorage is like 2k miles

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anybody know where i can get bags on the cheaper end in lousiana or texas i want a 4 link system i only want front back and pancake no side to side

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
anybody know where i can get bags on the cheaper end in lousiana or texas i want a 4 link system i only want front back and pancake no side to side
price diff. between the two isnt gonna be much different....hardware and everything is all the same...only difference is the amount of valves you have and airline really which doesnt add up to a whole lot...

like i said before if you wanna go the cheap route i would suggest not doing it at all....i dont wanna sound like a dick but i have spent 2 years now working on my truck slowly getting parts and making sure i get everything right i may actaully finish it by this summer...we'll see....please do not go the cheap route though cuz it will come back to bite you in the ass and i dont wanna see you posting back up here a few months from now saying you are having problems with something that could have been prevented

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
price diff. between the two isnt gonna be much different....hardware and everything is all the same...only difference is the amount of valves you have and airline really which doesnt add up to a whole lot...

like i said before if you wanna go the cheap route i would suggest not doing it at all....i dont wanna sound like a dick but i have spent 2 years now working on my truck slowly getting parts and making sure i get everything right i may actaully finish it by this summer...we'll see....please do not go the cheap route though cuz it will come back to bite you in the ass and i dont wanna see you posting back up here a few months from now saying you are having problems with something that could have been prevented
word

If there is one thing not to cheap out on its bags.:read:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts