GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Im the HMFIC
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night after tearing my 4 wheeler apart to rebuild it i decided to bag it. Now my question is do yall think air struts would work in the front? and where is the cheapest place? im trying to have it done b4 heatwave.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Some of the most capable rock crawlers are bagged. For a rock rig, I would go and scrap alot of stuff off of buses and what not. Everyone might think that's the wrong approach. I don't think so because you want something built like the biggest baddest mother fuckin thing in the valley. That and you want something cheap of course.

·
Im the HMFIC
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i mean quad/ atv its going to be used to haul my little brothers jr. dragster and my dads 78 vette around the racetrack. i just thought it would be fun and a first to bag a 4 wheeler

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I would use some Bimba air cylinders. If you want you can try to use some 18 wheeler cab bags. They are a littler taller than a hockey puck but you'd have a harder time making mounts. :read:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Use some air cylinders like imports use. Fab up some brackets for them, and get a small nitrous bottle and fill it with nitrogen. What kind of 4wheeler do you have?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
See if you can find firestones industrial website, they have alot of sizes of airbags and you cn probably find something that fits you application better than something designed for a car.

·
Im the HMFIC
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its going to have a compressor and 1 or 2 gallon tank cant decide yet. Anyone have any opinions on the cheapest place to buy air struts at?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bagged Quad will be cool as shit dude. Take lots of pics too.

Anybody wanna bag my seadoo? hehe
I guess you could bag the trailer. That would look pretty tight following a bagged truck. :evil:

·
Registered
559 Posts
1Bad99rado said:
yes i mean quad/ atv its going to be used to haul my little brothers jr. dragster and my dads 78 vette around the racetrack. i just thought it would be fun and a first to bag a 4 wheeler
it has been done before i saw it on sportruck.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts