GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've always been interested in going with air ride suspension on my silverado. what is a good ball park estimate for a complete system. also where would be a good website to look up all the parts i would need for the operation. thanks

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
captainchaos said:
i've always been interested in going with air ride suspension on my silverado. what is a good ball park estimate for a complete system. also where would be a good website to look up all the parts i would need for the operation. thanks
it all depends on what kind of setup you want. you could spend anywhere from 700 to 10 grand depending on what components you use, who does the install and what kind of setup you want.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
werd... the shop that bagged my truck starts at a Front back setup, 4 3/8 Parker Valves, 4 Firestone bags, front cups, Air over leaf, 1/2 inch lines, 2 5 gallon tanks, 2 Viair compressors, and a 2 switch box for 2600 bucks installed. Add side to side, 1/2 inch valves, KP canti, all was more.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
captainchaos said:
If you go with all Air Ride you will be extremely happy, except it will cost a lot. If you want a nice quality suspension go with Air Ride. If you don’t you will end up paying more trying to fix it, I know I am in the middle of doing it. Right now I have mostly all Air Ride besides the values (bigred's) and I would get them if I wasn’t selling my truck.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yes I know many people, who spent well over $1,000 dollars on bagging, who had their trucks towed more than once.. so if you're gonna do it do it right!

Are there any shops around you that can do it?

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Yep do it right the first time! As people say it will either be the best thing u have ever done or te biggest nightmare~

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
02Silverado said:
If you go with all Air Ride you will be extremely happy, except it will cost a lot. If you want a nice quality suspension go with Air Ride. If you don’t you will end up paying more trying to fix it, I know I am in the middle of doing it. Right now I have mostly all Air Ride besides the values (bigred's) and I would get them if I wasn’t selling my truck.
any installed wrong will be a nightmare. Anything installed right will most likely stay fine. For all the horror stories about SHAIM there are some about ART. Just make sure everything is installed correctly :read:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Like 2k1slvrod said, even with the best parts, you have to make sure the installer knows what he's doing. My friend has an expedition on bags and he's tired of all the crap because the setup isn't that good (no shocks).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts