GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering does anyone know how low a truck with bags will lay if you do not cut the bed. My dad said the only way he will help me get bags is if they do not cut apart my bed and wheel wells and stuff. So im just looking for ways to bag without doing all the cutting and stuff. Im thinking of just bagging the rear and running 2 or 3 inch drop in the front with 20s in front and 22s in rear. Does anyone think this would be cool or have any other suggestions or have any info on bagging without notching frame and cutting into bed ? Thanks guys.

·
Negative Camber
369 Posts
to be honest, if your not goin to cut anything, your better off with like a 4-6 drop. It also depends on the size of wheel/tire combo that you have. If your running a smaller wheel/tire it should lay pretty good. You'll eventually get the "I gotta have bigger wheels" mindset and you'll end up doin some cuttin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking of prolly just 20s all around. yeahh i know but i just dont see dropping 5-7 grand for air bags and being only 17 that amount of money is HUGEEE.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
you could lay a 245/35/20 in the back. Just do a notch under the bed. You might have to hammer up the bed floor where the pumpkin is though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah notching the frame is cool my dad just doesnt want the whole in the bed. By laying how low do you mean? haha sorry i dont know the truck terms....yet haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks dude yeahh, ill take what you said to a body shop and get a quote would you say bag the front as well or just keep it at a 3 inch drop ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeahhh the only thing is i got a quote today from a shop and they said approx 5500 to bag both but thats like cutting into the bed and stuff. idk how much of a diff in cutting the bed makes in price ? but im looking to spend around 2500 - 3000 to do rear. is that an appropriate estimate ?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
2500-3000 is a good price to get the rear done. It's probably more expensive to do it without cutting the bed because it will take more work.

A setup like mine would run about 4000 from our shop. Its 3/4" line and valves, parallel 4 link, slam bags, parker valves, 5 gallon tank, 2 380c compressors. gauges, switch box, shocks, etc.

If you want to take a drive we can do it. We are located in fresno CA. Check out the website. www.559customs.com

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
:read: :read: just dont cheap out bc you have the itch and are wanting it done quick, i promise you will regret it and ive you take it to someone like wagon boy who knows what they are doin and spend the extra $ you wont have to go back and spend more money in the end bc something messed up and you wont regret spending the extra $ the first time...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeahh im just getting ideas. Im gunna get other things done first but im planning stuff out. damn thats a good price. is that with cutting the bed or no ? yo wagonboy do you have aim or something so we can talk more ?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
wagonb0y is the aim name
whatever you do, just do it right the first time.

I know some people that have spent 10 grand on bags jobs because they always had to fix them.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Isn't bcubed bagged without the bed cut up?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
this guy in our club is bagged and his bed isn't cut out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeahh thats like the drop i want. Ill talk to you more about it tonight over aim if your on ! Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
my friend on here tuck20's had a nbs bagged and framed out with out cutting a hole in his bed talk to him he can get you in the right direction if you still have any qustions

·
Registered
151 Posts
hey dreal. those pics i sent you with the intros i sold you on my truck.....the bed was never cut out. If you want, drop your truck off here and I'll throw a KP 4 link with cantilever on it and do all the work for a great deal if you want. you can get that think to lay gas tank hard without cutting the bed out at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts