GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN I BAG THE FRONT FOR AROUND A GRAND? IF SO WHATS THE BEST SET UP?WHERE DO I GET IT?:think:

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
If you do the front you cound prolly do it for around that if you just went with stock arms and cups....you would need to do it yourself though.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
i dont even wanna know what kinda shitty set ups are out there for that kind of price....

even if you buy a nice kit, you cant even do just the rear or front for that price....

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Yea now that i look at it your gonna be spending more like 1500+

cups
bags
electric comp
1 5 gallon tank
valves
line

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
cups - 100
bags - 200
comp - 300
tank - 100
valves - 200
lines - 100

Thats 1k to me. And you can prolly get MUCH cheaper prices. Like...
cups - 50
bags - 150
comp - 200
tank - 50
valves - 100
lines - 50

Can prolly go even cheaper. And I am talking all brand new parts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Was Just Courous What About A Kit From Sdr And Only Hook The Front Up I Dont Mind Spendig An Extra Grand If I Have To

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
why not just save up till youve got 2500 and do the whole truck?
$2500? What are you bagging your stuff with? A KP 6link is $1000 alone. More like $3500 for parts if you do it the right way.

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
i have about 3200 in my bag set up and i made my own edc, watts link, and bag cups

i think the front can be bagged for less then 1G if u don ur own work and put it on 20's

air tank-50
slam bags-150
compressor-200
valves-smc 4 -130
air line-1/2- 50ft-30
cups-100
shock mounts-30
shocks- 100
fittings-100
make ur own switch box from radio shack parts- 30 bucks or so
890 plus shipping
plus a few bucks for wiring and what not
i just said 100 for fittings, its more like a ball park price

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Im Running 22s So I Will Neet To Go With Shit For That Ok Thanx For All Your Help

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
that just means your gonna need to run spindels and tub the front if you want to lay...all you need to lay on 22's is spindles with stock arms

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok So If I By A Set Up From Sic Or Sdr All I Need To Do Is Get Spindles And What Do I Need To Get To Tub?

·
Registered
301 Posts
"tubbing the firewall" isnt necessarily a tub. just find out where the tire hits the firewall. mark it to where u have at least 3/8" to 1/2" clearance and make a filler piece to weld back onto the firewall to give it back its support. also you WILL have to address the fuse box, battery and washer fluid reservoir as they will be in the way when ur wheel protrudes into the fender.

***when welding on the firewall, MAKE SURE, i repeat, MAKE sure to clear most of the foam baffles out around where you are welding or u will catch ur ride on fire.***

happened to a friend...

·
bagged n draggin
34 Posts
are you guys serious. 25-3500? I can bag one for under a grand, front and back. what the hell are you guys using to bag your stuff with? gold plated cups and brackets?

·
bagged n draggin
34 Posts
I can fab my own brackets, cups, fourlink, gas tank x-member. Thats:
280 for bags
280 for valves
30 for airline
290 for 2 380 comps
80 stainless steel 5 gallon tank.

That's pretty much it except the steel for the fourlink, the cups, the notch, and misc fittings. Just that amount alone is 960. OK, so sorry, I could do it for under 1200.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I can fab my own brackets, cups, fourlink, gas tank x-member. Thats:
280 for bags
280 for valves
30 for airline
290 for 2 380 comps
80 stainless steel 5 gallon tank.

That's pretty much it except the steel for the fourlink, the cups, the notch, and misc fittings. Just that amount alone is 960. OK, so sorry, I could do it for under 1200.
plus fittings
plus water traps
plus all the wire to hook up compressor
plus wire for valves
plus switch box
plus guages
plus wire for gauges and the line

should i keep going

1 - 20 of 22 Posts