GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
OG
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm looking into different setups on bagging my '02 silverado 1500HD 4x4. i'm not too worried about the back, that looks to be just a normal setup. But, what will the front envolve to bag that will have to be fabricated to keep the 4wheel drive functional. My thinking is that since my tbars are cranked right now and are at a pretty steep angle going up and i haven't had a problem yet, that with the front end laying on the ground, and the axles pointing up a little wouldn't hurt anything ... right?? If you guys can point me in the direction of some good tech articles or pictures of a bagged front end of a four wheel drive i would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks for the info guys
Justin

·
Registered
658 Posts
my buddy has bags on the rear of his lifted tahoe....for towing...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Why lift a 2wd? "Run what you Brung" I guess.
I see what you're sayin man, but liftin a 2wd doesn't cost nothin like baggin a 4wd would. I just wonder how much of a bind everything would get in on a bagged 4wd? I admit I wanted to bag my old 2dr 4wd tahoe, but am now glad I didn't.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sweet thanks for the links! Thats what my trucks whats to be when it grows up. :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Why lift a 2wd? "Run what you Brung" I guess.
I understand lifting a 2wd, if your just after the look. 2wds are cheep, cost less to insure and maintain, and I could be wrong but I thinke they're cheeper to lift.

Baggin' a 4wd, I still don't get. It's probably gonna cost twice as much as a 2wd, and be twice as hard. Your also going to have a harder time selling a bagged 4wd than a lifted or stock one. IMO, not worth it to bag one.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
That red extended cab is bodydropped now. :bowtie:

139.jpg

Well, I guess he gets props for being the first 4wd laying body. :crazy:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
It seems like he took a double shock hoop and fabed it to fit a bag. If this is how the front of the truck is lowered/raised then the 4wd on that should still work fine. When ppl go out offroad and are flexed on something and the tire is jammed to the wheel well that doesnt mean the 4wd is gona break. Its built to have some flew in it. But i really dont know all the details just my thought.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ive seen that setup before in a truck tech article if u got a escalade and want to bag it u have to do the same thing because a majority of the escys r 4x4 anyway its crazy but all u do is take out the torsion bar then theres nothing supporting the front end then they mount the bag on top to keep the halfshafts in their mount some shox and yur in business basically
:crazy:
just my .02 cents later

1 - 20 of 22 Posts