GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at this cover wanted to get some info on it the goods the bads if any.http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/
for what i need it seems perfect i have to have something that folds and comes out easy for hauling the bikes.any one know anything about these??
if there is something like this but might be better please chime in thanks..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bads: Warped panels, non-penetrated rivets, broken pieces. Most current problem: The glue they using is not holding in the heat and the covers are literally coming apart.

From a Honda Ridgeline forum:
bakflip3.jpg

bakflip2.jpg

bakflip1.jpg

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
My old mans got one on his titan and its great for what he uses it for. Keeps everything dy underneath but as I recall it was pretty expensive.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Less expensive than the average because it's made of ABS plastic. There's nothing wrong with ABS, it's the same material as Undercover. It just cost less than powdercoated aluminum or painted fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I highly recommend Roll 'N Lock covers. They are expensive, but are solid and look great. I think that's the best part of my truck overall for usability and such...

IMG_3863-1.gif

-John

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have owned my bakflip for several months and so far it has been o.k. The only problems I have had so far are the rubber bumpers falling off. They isolate the cover from the side rails to stop noises. All I did was reattach them with double sided tape. Hopefully this thing will hold up for a long time now.
As far as utility goes, its awesome. Its the perfect solution to a full size hard cover.

·
FBGM
2,155 Posts
Roll 'N Locks are very nice but you will loose some of your bed space. i would go with one but i cant fit my bikes in the back with one installed

i think in the past year and a half i have had 2 people come back with problems. Very good product

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you paint the cover to match the vehicle?

·
Ground Zero 605
222 Posts
I just ordered a BakFlip. I hope they fixed the problems they were having. :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, the new G2 cover is a little better, but you better baby it. They still are having problems.

New G2 cover:
G21.jpg

G23.jpg

G25.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts