GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Level kit and tires are going on in a couple weeks. Shop that is putting the tires on mentioned they offer balancing beads. I've searched and read the forums about this. Not much feedback. Who has used beads instead of weights? I'm going to give them a try as of right now. Worst case is I have them removed and 're balanced. Going with Toyo at 295/60/20. Do these usually balance out well?

·
Registered
370 Posts
My dad had them done on his truck about 6 months ago when he bought tires and everything has been fine.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
I most often see beads used when places run into problems mainly with aftermarket wheels and tires. I would ask them to balance the wheels and tires and if that doesn't meet spec, talk about alternatives. There's nothing inherently wrong with the beads (they've been known to turn into powder over time), but a decent technician should be able to achieve proper alignment and balance with the variables that they adjust 99% of other cars with.

·
Registered
370 Posts
He got the tires from a friend that owns a 4x4 shop and he only uses beads. He hasn't had any problems with the TPMS sensors either.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've used balancing beads in both my truck and motorcycle. I love them for the gave they constantly dynamically balance. For example as many of you know the factory steel rims have a lip that tends to catch mud. Well the beads will compensate for the mud being there automatically. Most beads will say on the packaging if they are compatible with tire pressure sensors

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
My 295/60/20''s balanced fine with traditional balancing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts