GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently became a Chevy owner for the first time a couple months ago when I bought a '97 2dr Tahoe. Been replacing things that were long past due on service and noticed alot of play in one of the lower ball joints so I figured I would go ahead and just replace all the ball joints and bushings on the front and be done with it. Plan on flipping the top ball joint and putting in some Ford keys too. Any tips that make this job easier? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah and I am loving the Chevy! :head:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hi chris im from the charleston,sc area, the easy way to do the ball joints is to buy the ball joint tool set. It is pretty much a big C-clamp with some attachments but it makes the job alot easier. good luck

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
If you were closer you could just bring the arms up to my work and we'd press them out...did a set just the other day.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I need to replace my Upper's soon, but my lowers are alright.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You cannot get replacements that I found for the NBS. I ended up replacing both the uca's. One of the shittiest things ever cuz they cost me like 330 for the pair.

·
Registered
334 Posts
if you can jack your truck up barely off the groud put a pry bar underneath the tire and lift up if there is any play then it is bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts