GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive had this on a local site for a while but decided to finally share my hard work with my GMFS bretheren

Lets start with the old stuff!

Audio :

Old Center console

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple months back i sold the tweeters that were in the a pillars and bought some DLS Nobellium 1"

Fixed door pannels with suede!:

Painted Dash bezel with color matched pinstriping outline!: (blue pinstriping looks pretty bad in the pic but much better in person!)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now this brings is to the past few days (all the prior pics are pretty old)

The DLS Nobs were too bright for my tastes so after much hard work, i reacquired a pair of the Dyn MD102's...

Dynaudio MD102's

With properly terminated and wrapped in techflex quick disconnects

Sundown Audio goodness

Amp rack in the making

A little plexi action

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vibration Damping sucks...

Stock floor

First step, Raammat. Ideally you would want a complete covering with the deadener but thats all i had lying around.

The areas i couldnt fill with mat, i put down some Second Skin Spectrum/Sludge

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Processor mounted to a vinyl wrapped piece of MDF which is mounted to the back wall.

Running wires down the middle of the cab

Note the colored zip ties to mark wires. Red = power, yellow = left side speakers, green = right side speakers, blue (not pictured) = remote

Pics of the distrobution pannel (note to self, always paint wood prior to wrapping it in the same color as the wrapping material... i forgot this step and had to color in my errors from wrapping with marker...)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it started pouring on and off today which was nice being as it was sub 100degrees today, but it meant i couldnt get much work done in the truck.

So instead i used the day to finish the amp rack!

But first, the rear wall mounted H701 processor and distrobution center for accesories. These are the ONLY wires in the entire vehicle that i havent properly covered.

Finshed the center piece for the amp rack as well as a plexi piece that will go behind it.

Test fitting...

Starting to look like an amp rack...

DONE!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
LOL, nice work on the distro block to power your PXA-H701.

The love of Techflex grows! Keep it up!

EDIT: The colored zip-ties were a nice touch. I'll have to photo my ultra-OCD approved radio wiring harness sometime. I'll give you a hint You:Zip-ties::Me:Heat-shrink.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
man, I spend more time listening then covering!

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
great work!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys

LOL, nice work on the distro block to power your PXA-H701.

The love of Techflex grows! Keep it up!

EDIT: The colored zip-ties were a nice touch. I'll have to photo my ultra-OCD approved radio wiring harness sometime. I'll give you a hint You:Zip-ties::Me:Heat-shrink.
Thanks alot man, i just know after doing all this work im gonna wreck this truck in a day or two... i dont ever want to have to wrap that much wire in techflex again! and PM the that pic

1 - 20 of 62 Posts