1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 gmc sierra 1500 extended cab
200,000 miles
Original owner (father)

This has been going on for some time now, my father has to disconnect the negative terminal every night on the battery, if not the battery dies, he has changed the battery and still no change in situation, there hasn't been any major repairs to engine before or after this has started so there are no lose wires that I am aware of

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had the same issue for a while and still do. They say you're supposed to disconnect the battery terminal and put a multimeter in between the disconnected cable and the battery post. Then you're supposed to start removing fuses until you see that voltage on the multimeter drop which tells you which is the bad circuit.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me so I bought a battery post with turn knob so that you can just turn it at night and that disconnects the battery without having to actually remove the terminal from the battery. It's still a pain to have to go into the hood every few days to turn off and turn back on the power but it's very easy to do.

This is the one I bought. Amazon.com: LotFancy 6V 12V 24V Side Post Car Battery Disconnect Switch for Auto Truck Vehicle Rv Boat Marine, Car Battery Terminal Link Switch, Battery Cutoff Shut Off Kill Switch (With Long Bolt): Automotive
It was only like $7. Good luck and post back if you figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts