GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a problem with the battery light staying on after your alternator went out and replaced it. But the new alternator is charging fine

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
No...reman or new alt? check your battery..could have a bad cell

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
alternator atlest putting out 12-13 at idle? check the wiring even ones going to the starter, get a tester and check ALL fuses under hood and in cab

EDIT: exspensive yes, AC delco is always best

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
putting out 14 at idle. all fuses ok. when i replaced it the pld alt. would go in and out from charging to not and the batt light would go off as soon as it was charging agian and i put the new alt. on while the old one was working and had the light out. could there be a problem in the alt. itself

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
putting out 14 at idle. all fuses ok. when i replaced it the pld alt. would go in and out from charging to not and the batt light would go off as soon as it was charging agian and i put the new alt. on while the old one was working and had the light out. could there be a problem in the alt. itself

Sounds like it...I would go back and swap for another, I’ve purchased a reman for my tractor and it was bad so had to swap for another. Before you do what did the alt put out under load at idle? (with ac on blast, bright lights on, radio booming etc.?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The alt still has a waranty so im just going to take it back and se if a differnt one will put the light out. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.