GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a chevy but my neighbor's toyota camery is dead. You get one click when you turn the key an the positive battery terminal smoke's. If you just turn on the headlight's the battery terminal smoke's.??? Any idea's on were to start?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like something is shorting out. Has there been anything electrical changed recently? A guy at work was replacing his power antenna...he hooked it up wrong and smoked the battery.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if anything has changed. She says it started saturday when she got in her car to leave an it wouldnt start. She called AAA an they jumped her an she drove for about an hour parked it, then she went to leave today an it wouldnt start again an it wont jump start this time, wont even turn over. just click.....:hmm:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i would start by inspecting/cleaning/buying new cables and getting the battery bench tested. that will tell you almost everything you need to know. it sounds like a bad connection/bad terminal

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's guys. The terminals were cleaned right off, I will tell her to get some new cables an get the battery tested tmmw an see it that will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts