GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is so special about the BBk throttle body that makes it about 3x the normal price of one?

·
Registered
146 Posts
not sure but i have a buddy with a ls1 camaro and the bbk tb for them and worth crap at all cant speak for the trucks but i would just go to bauer or shaner and get the stock one ported they are supposed to be great

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
on our new trucks it is not neccesary to waste that much money, we have a big enough one where is is not needed. I just ported the crap out of mine and it works great, better throttle response too.

And the other thing you can do is set your TPS down to where is actually works the best, with your DVOM. I did this and i get really good throttle response now.

Dan

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fullthrottledan said:
And the other thing you can do is set your TPS down to where is actually works the best, with your DVOM. I did this and i get really good throttle response now.
TPS=?
DVOM=?
How much did it cost you to get the TBS ported?
I just don't understand why BBK is trying to charge so much more. I don't plan on buying one. I just want the sound so when i find a good deal on a used one...I'll jump on it

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
I did all the porting myself, it took a couple hours but i was being very meticulous as usual.
setting the tps(throttle position sensor) is a whole new story if you dont know what you are doing. can be a bad thing. I can explain if needed.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts