81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
ya gotta pay to play
7,583 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
it decreases tranny line pressures...will fry your transmission
my maf went bad and I actually noticed firmer shifts as I believe I read elsewhere that the engine goes into a "safe mode" and firms up the shifts to compensate to the out of balance a/f.

I dont know. Replaced the MAF and the shifts are back to normal.

·
why not ls swap it?
397 Posts
I know it's an older thread but bad ass and a $ saver. For y'all that modded stock air box, do you get water and debris in there? Rains plenty here and after a good pressure washing if hate to see my box and filter full of water.

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
For the minimalistic gains (if any at all) that modding the air box does... it's not worth risking the debris/water finding its way in there...

...I mean, really?

·
why not ls swap it?
397 Posts
For the minimalistic gains (if any at all) that modding the air box does... it's not worth risking the debris/water finding its way in there...

...I mean, really?
I agree bud but just wondering I there's a build up? For free and quick + minimal gains... Ill do it if I won't ruin my system ya know?

·
( o) ( o)
2,460 Posts
I agree bud but just wondering I there's a build up? For free and quick + minimal gains... Ill do it if I won't ruin my system ya know?
Different out comes based on climate... and only can find out, by doing so... you willing to risk it? Thats the only real question

·
why not ls swap it?
397 Posts
Not really lol not big on doing things that aren't needed or really wanted. Sometimes I do things when I'm bored. My climate is hot and humid and want to know from some who has actually done it.

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
BUMP

FYI The airaid jr for NNBS is on sale right now on Amazon

They're listed for $122 but they have a 10% off discount and with the super saver shipping I got it shipped to my door for $110. Saved $19 with the discount/free shipping. I'd jump on it if I were you considering the promo ends March 31st

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
excellent results! i figured my volant was around 8...when i called to order it they said it dyno'd 22 rwhp. i just shook my head.

curious as to what the jr tube with a drop in k&n would do.
The irony of this whole test proves to me that everyone who claims they "noticed a huge difference" in the way the vehicle drove is full of crap. Even if you figure a full 10hp gain, that isn't enough for your average person to feel in everyday driving in a 5000lb truck IMO. Certainly not worth the $300 that companies ask for a CAI that contains all of 10 cents worth of plastic.

Not sure about anyone else, but I kinda wish they would have thrown in the home-made PVC intake just to see the difference.
air raid tube can had for around $120.. so the best was the cheapest option.

makes me sad i paid more for my ebay intake then a air raid jr.
werd. werd. werd.

pretty awesome how a tube and stock filter has better #s than full kits. I would have liked to seen Spectre and the Volant with the ram air tube but probably wouldn't pull in as much air as if truck was moving vs stationed on dyno.

Anyways awesome thread!!

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
We have seen no empirical data that scoops or ram air actually provide any benefit.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Pictures show it to only be the tube, she already replied it was the stock filter (implying stock box as well), that's pretty amazing just doing the simple tube change nets that much. Wonder what kind of gains would be seen with a drop in filter added to the setup tho.
Definitely glad I went with the MIT instead of paying more for those other kits lol.
gotcha, awesome how a single tube can do the best
wow, that's pretty damn cool that the cheapest option performed the best.
This BBP Independent Intake Test Results thread really pissed off my buddy who wasted $350 on the Volant with the "Ram Air' scoop! LMAO

I installed the airaid m.i.t. yesterday and it seems to have gave the throttle a lot more crisp feel, and it sounds great. I'm running it with the afe pro dry-s drop in filter.
Another airaid MIT user, I'm running the AFE dry drop in filter on mine.
Same here! When I got mine, I was able to get the Airaid M.I.T. (part # 200-996) off 4 Wheel parts for about $95 (tax included) after using a coupon code + free shipping. It looks like the price has gone up quite a bit since then.

Got the AFE Pro-Dry S drop-in filter from Amazon for about $48 + free shipping.

·
boogity boogity
985 Posts
Re: Re: BBP Independent Intake Test Results

BUMP

FYI The airaid jr for NNBS is on sale right now on Amazon

They're listed for $122 but they have a 10% off discount and with the super saver shipping I got it shipped to my door for $110. Saved $19 with the discount/free shipping. I'd jump on it if I were you considering the promo ends March 31st
The aem filter is also on sale with 15% off and free shipping. I think it was 38 and some change.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3 Posts
FYI if any body is interested.I just bought the airaid 200-919 for $94.82 shipped to my door. I used coupon code DOW14 expires 4-5-13 at advance auto parts. The discount is $50 off anything over $125

·
Registered
39 Posts
*&^*&@^#*@!&# Just tried to order from Advance and they are out of stock at the warehouse. Told me to check back in two weeks.... when the coupon is expired :pissed: .

DAMN! These must be popular... out of stock at AutoZone also!

81 - 100 of 113 Posts