GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be heading to the BC109 trail near Frazier Park this Saturday. It's basically just a sandy river bed/wash with a bunch of rocks around, you can hit the hard stuff or just cruise on the sand and watch, up to you. There is everything from mild to wild and should be some fun. If anyone is interested I'll get some directions and post up. It's basically at the top of the grape vine at the Gorman School Road exit and another 10-20 minutes from there, bout an hour from Bakersfield. LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO!!! You have no excuse, a stock truck can run down the wash next to us, I'm taking the dodge up on thurs. to scout it out, if a 8k pound dually can make it you can!!! :anitoof:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
willyswanter said:
Doesn't cost anything to ride along :D You go on enough road trips...
1300 miles, 200 in gas = one broke David
Oh yeah Jason, what time are you heading out there Thursday, and about what time do you think you'll be back? I have class till 12:35... if it were Friday I'd probably be able to go(unless I have to work:cussing: )

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
COME ON PEOPLE!!! Like 300 of you have these huge fricken trucks and you tell me all day how well your TrXus thingies do in the sand so heres your chance to prove it to me!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
willyswanter said:
COME ON PEOPLE!!! Like 300 of you have these huge fricken trucks and you tell me all day how well your TrXus thingies do in the sand so heres your chance to prove it to me!!!!!!! :D
lmao... dammit. If it were here in TX i'd be all over it...I've heard that BFG's do pretty good in sand :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics I took from this mornings scouting trip:

Oh, and on Tuesday I spent $40 and had my Dodge detailed inside and out so I could take it on the trail and scratch it up :lol:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Jason, what time are you planning on heading up there Saturday? I'll see if I can make it, if so, you'll have somebody to take pics :anitoof:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About 9:30 am and who knows what time we will be back... Were actually going to go do two trails now that we've been there and checked it out.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Let me figure out how much cash/gas I have and I might be able to go. If I could I'd be there for a few hours to watch you guys mess around and maybe drive in some sand :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok as far as right at this moment, we are meeting at the Carls Jr. at hwy. 99 and rosedale highway by Costco at 9:30am and heading out.

Here are the plans. We are going to head up at 9:30 and drive to the trail head of the Miller Jeep Trail. We will unload the trucks and drive in about 1/8 way into the MJT and then head off onto the Yellow Jacket trail which is a small rock garden that dead ends. We will then turn around and head back to the tow rigs, this will probably be about 1-1.5 hours or so. From there we will tow to BC109. At BC109 anyone can drive around from probably a 2wd to a highly modified and find something fun to do. I'm going to be running the creek trail along with my buddy and you guys can either walk along and watch or drive along on the forrest service road like 3 feet away... Or play in the wash in the sand and small rocks. Don't know how long we will be there, probably the rest of the day.

If your planning on going let me know asap so we can figure out what time your planning on meeting so I know where to get you driections to since we will be at different areas and cell phones don't work there. David, if you go you can meet us at the Carls Jr. if you are going to follow us up, if your going to meet us later let me know the time so I can tell you where we are going to be. We can also meet at the Flying J on the freeway off ramp at Frazier Park.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will meet at the Flying J right off the freeway at the Frazier Park exit about 10am. Can you make it at that time? If so that would be the best so you don't have to find us on the trail.

If you need directions just punch this stuff into map quest:

Flying J Location: Frazier Park
Highway Location: I-5 Frazier Park Exit
Mailing Address: 42810 Frazier Mtn. Park Rd.
City: Frazier Park
State: CA
Zip: 93243

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Adam its a sinch. Its right off the freeway just after Gorman. You cant miss it. If I go maybe you can follow or whatever. Its about an hour from my house.

MotoHead

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welp todays the day, see whoever is showing up in a few hours, I'm headed down to fill up the trucks and load the truck on the trailer... Hope I don't blow a shaft or something crawling onto the trailer :crazy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts