GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the OBS 88-98 you can bd the truck to the doors with 22s upfront, a 29.3 inch tall tire to be exact right? I am going to take more measurements tongiht but while i am at school i figured i could try and find some pics of a OBS chevy BD to the doors on 22s but i have had no luck, just to the rockers, anyone know of any pics also?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i have only seen this red one and its on 20's but it looks like it might work but you will have to notch the firewall way back

red%2096%2047.jpg

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They had a blue obs at showfest bodydropped on 24's with prolly 40 series tires that could almost close his hood. With small tires, I'm positive it can be done.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
They had a blue obs at showfest bodydropped on 24's with prolly 40 series tires that could almost close his hood. With small tires, I'm positive it can be done.
I wanna see some pics. At first I thought you were talkin about the 02 that IF did.

It can be done. Rear wouldn't be a big deal ofcourse. The front depending on if it's a vortech or not you'd have to relocate some stuff, but I don't think you'd have to cut into the hood supports.

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Here are some examples...i dont think that you could do it with out notching...
very_cool.gif

bd_on_22s.gif

102.gif

34.gif

111.gif

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
maybe its jsut me, but that does not look good...maybe its the black wheels or 5,000 degrees of neg. camber or something else, but it looks like total crap, the wheels are way outta proportion of the truck. also it looks like the top of the rim is about flush with the top of the fender so i dont think that they could get the hood to close without bubbling the hood...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The hood will not close. The rims are way too big. About 30 degrees of negative camber. The black rims look like poo. Ugly truck, but insanely custom and a ton of work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts