GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SOLD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2003 1500HD. What is your guys' take on the 6" BDS system. Ive looked around a bit at other brands like rough country, rancho, and superlift but a buddy keeps telling me to go BDS but i cant make up my mind. I had a Superlift on my old '99 with no problems and i used it quite a bit. Seems like everywhere i go someone is telling me to stay away from something else but cant tell me why. I wont be purchasing this for at least a month so i can get tires/wheels but id like to start pricing the lifts. Any info would be helpful. Thanks guys.

·
OBS preservation society
886 Posts
BDS has the best warranty out of any of the above stated but there all pretty decent kits the rough country is what i have on my obs with zero problems was kinda a pita to put on but was worth it. i heard that superlift has been taking a long time on getting parts shipped out so u might want to stay away from that. BDS is definetly the most expensive out of them all but also the warranty cant be beat. i believe rough country has a warranty also so u might wanna look into either rough country or bds:imo

·
SOLD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well warranty is a big plus in the decision but how does each one compare to the other in quality? Its my DD and wont see mud that often, although i will be going on trails with it every now and then so i want good shocks as well.

·
OBS preservation society
886 Posts
the shocks i got with the roughcountry lift are crap. i just ordered the cheap ones and didnt get the upgraded version. figured ill put the money saved to a set of fox shox or something similar. as for quality all the lifts you mentioned are high quality but if it was me id stick with BDS for the warranty or go with rough country. rough country makes high quality lifts and the prices cant be beat. my 6 inch rough country is holding up well and from what u said u are planning on using the truck for this lift will fit your needs then some.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ive got a BDS kit on my duramax....had on there for almost 80,000 miles and love it. other than the normal stuff that goes wrong with IFS lift on bigger tires i wouldnt trade my BDS lift for anything. Just order the cognito idler/pitman arm stabilizer kit and you will be good.

i dont know what you are getting quoted but my 6" BDS kit on my 07 was 1200.00

·
Registered
451 Posts
Check with BDS you might want there new 7" Non torsion bar drop kit... It doesnt drop your torsion bars so you have more clearance.... Check into that probably few hundred bucks more but looks way better then having a block hanging from the center on your frame for torsion bars.. this isnt so bad for 6" kits but the bigger ones it looks dumb... Ive heard really good things about BDS also.... If money isny a issue Id look into Cognito also

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have a buddy that works at Pickup Heaven in Austin, Tx

·
SOLD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check with BDS you might want there new 7" Non torsion bar drop kit... It doesnt drop your torsion bars so you have more clearance.... Check into that probably few hundred bucks more but looks way better then having a block hanging from the center on your frame for torsion bars.. this isnt so bad for 6" kits but the bigger ones it looks dumb... Ive heard really good things about BDS also.... If money isny a issue Id look into Cognito also
Ill look into that bar drop kit. Sounds clean. Im not sure what cognito kits go for but money is a factor somewhat. Im wanting a kit that is mid-ranged as far as price goes so im not fixing stuff left and right due to poor quality parts. So far BDS sounds like the right kit from what im hearing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
well im sure i can get the same deal on a kit for you...just have to pay for the shipping from here to there

·
Country Boy can Survive
95 Posts
I had a BDS 6inch lift on my 2002 silverado and loved it. Had it on for at least 45000 miles before buying my 07 NNBS. I would definitely go with BDS again... Good Luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.