GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i went to the truck store today and asked about lift kits. They said a BDS suspension 6" lift kit with installation, a new drive shaft and tax would be around 2800$. They said I could run 35s and the tires and rims would be 1400$+. My question is, is BDS a good lift kit or no? or is this place even a good place...i asked what about a 10" lift and they said it would cost ALOT more then a 6" and it wasnt even worth it, i dont even think they would do it. On the brochure it says if you break any BDS part they replace it for free, so that sounds good but ive never heard of BDS..so i really dont know what to do.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sevenfold said:
I don't have any first hand experience with BDS but it looks like well built stuff. But, you can probably get a 10-12" kit installed (w/ a new front driveshaft) for about $1000 more than the price you listed. If you really want to go big, do it right the first time. :D
yeah i really want to go big but the guy said 10-12" isnt good for daily driving. i really dont know what to do; i always look online and see like a CST kit and its like you need this or need that, im just confused..i really dont know what to look for or anything and i need some help. I saw on performance lifts the 9-10" CST lift kit but it has all this stuff about torsion keys or whatever and i really have no idea what they're talking about...i need some help

edit: by the way i have a 2000 2500 (non-HD) extended cab long bed 4x4..and is autotrac the auto 4wd button?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
an 00 2500ld is a new body style right? eight lugs?

if so then the bds kit is going to be a spindle lift just like fabtech. same exact thing.

of the spindle kits i think RCD is the best. cuz of the bilstein shocks

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff said:
an 00 2500ld is a new body style right? eight lugs?

if so then the bds kit is going to be a spindle lift just like fabtech. same exact thing.

of the spindle kits i think RCD is the best. cuz of the bilstein shocks
yes, new body style 8 lugs. and what the hell is spindle lift?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the spindle lift replaces your steering knuckle with a taller one, leaves your upper control arm in the stock location, drops the lower control arm 6 inches, and drops the diff about 4.5 this results in 6 inches of lift, with CV angles increased over stock. but the torsion bars are kept at stock settings.

advantages- easy to install and pretty damn strong.
disadvantages- the cv angles can be pretty bad if you crank at all

traditional lifts drop everything 6 inches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts