GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1972 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Des Moines largest classic car dealership, "Specalizing in American muscle cars with Integrity."1972 CHEVROLET BLAZER, THIS AIN'T YOUR DADDY'S TIRED OLD BLAZER, THIS TRUCK HAULS. This BLACK ON BLACK 1972 Chevy K5 4X4 Blazer one of the meanest, cleanest, unmolested K5' Blazers we have ever had and it's the only one we have with a 4-SPEED. IT WILL TAKE $29,900 TO BUY IT.The Blazer has a built 355 Cubic Inch Small Block that is loaded with all the best parts.The block is a 4 bolt main with a steel crank, A.R.P. mainstuds, Melling High volume oil pump with hardened drive shaft, Milodon Diamond Stripper windage tray, LT1 pink rods and forged TRW flattop pistons. Custom ground Dual pattern Hydraulic flat tappet Comp.Cam.Comp. Cams Lifters.Comp. Cams Pushrods.Comp. Cams Guideplates.Comp. Cams Pro Magnum 1.6 ratio S.S. roller rockers.Pete Jackson Gear Drive that has been set up properly so it is very quiet, yet still noticable.Edelbrock, Polished Aluminum timing cover with roller thrust bearing. Edelbrock Victor Aluminum water pump with billet drive pulleys.A.T.I. super damper. Moroso 7 Quart Deep sump oil pan with swinging trap door.Corvette Aluminum Cyl. Heads 2.00 Intake 1.55 Exhaust (57 cc combustion chambers)Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake. 670 CFM Vacuum Secondaries Holley Street Avenger Carb. with a billet 1\" carb spacer. Moroso polished Aluminum valve covers. MSD Pro Billet distributor (Vac. Advance)MSD Blaster coil.MSD 6A control box.MSD Pro Series wires.Be Cool Billet rad. overflow catch tank. Polished Vacuum Canister.The Motor easily puts out 400+ H.P . New Exhaust system with Flowmaster Delta Flow Mufflers and Stainless Steel turndown tips that sound awesome SM465 4 speed manual transmission NP 205 Transfer Case (Gear Driven) 12 Bolt rear diff. (3.73 Gears) Dana 44 front diff. (3.73 Gears) 32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrain Tires. This beautifull truck has brand new CST Black interior front and back seats, New carpet front and rear. Clarion Pro Audio CD player.The jet black paint is not brand new but shines better than most new cars. Entire undercarriage cleaned and has been undercoated to protect the metal and not hide anything. Rock gard is on the bottome of the truck as well to protect for m rock chips. The hard top is white and is in remarkable condition for being 38 years old. The truck is very tight and going through the gears is amazing. This truck sounds more like a LS6 Chevelle than a tired old blazer. The truck has been kept in a heated garage and driven very little since the new engine was put in less 1,500 miles ago. American Dream Machines is located in the center of the Heartland in Des Moines Iowa. We are one of the largest full service classic car dealerships in the Midwest. We specialize in American Muscle cars with integrity. We usually have at least 70 cars in stock. PLEASE CALL 515-245-9100 AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO TELL YOU ABOUT OUR CARS OR VIEW ALL OF OUR CARS AT WWW.ADMCARS.COM

Price: $29,900.

Call American Dream Machines
515-245-9100 DES MOINES, IA

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=316787&Year=1972&Make=Chevrolet&Model=BLAZER

:sparta:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Thats a dream. I try to picture what it was like to drive by the GM house in 72 and see those in all colors just sitting on the lot. What a sight that would be now.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Nice JB. Your still an idiot for selling that black on you had.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Nice JB. Your still an idiot for selling that black on you had.
Its all good...Im looking for another one to build, but I want a 73-80 this time, preferably 73-75 so I can have full convertible.

I dont know whether to buy a rusty one and make it an offroad beast with cut fenders, or buy a nice one and fix it up :hmm:

The kid that bought my K5 paid dearly...his dad was some VP at an oil company

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I want another one. I'm just not in a good spot to have a true toy like that.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Its all good...Im looking for another one to build, but I want a 73-80 this time, preferably 73-75 so I can have full convertible.

I dont know whether to buy a rusty one and make it an offroad beast with cut fenders, or buy a nice one and fix it up :hmm:

The kid that bought my K5 paid dearly...his dad was some VP at an oil company
nice one!

but then again it would be awesome to have a kicks ass off-road rig and your rcsb

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
JB, that truck was before my time here. Post some pics of it. The kid who bought my 77 (44/14, 350/350203, 37s) totaled it a week later offroad. The guy who bought my 83 (60/14, 350/400/205, on 38s) tore it all down to put all the crap on his blazer :roflbow:
I want a 1st Gen so bad though. Not a show truck but beast. www.coloradok5.com is a great forum too.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Man that thing is nice.. I would be scared to drive it though. I wish I had one of those all fixed up on like some 38s

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
JB, that truck was before my time here. Post some pics of it. The kid who bought my 77 (44/14, 350/350203, 37s) totaled it a week later offroad. The guy who bought my 83 (60/14, 350/400/205, on 38s) tore it all down to put all the crap on his blazer :roflbow:
I want a 1st Gen so bad though. Not a show truck but beast. www.coloradok5.com is a great forum too.
I dont have any pics. I had them hosted on www.clubphoto.com and that website closed and didnt tell anyone so I lost them all. Dark Eternal has some of my blue/silver Jimmy on 36's somewhere.

Jameson...I had best of both worlds....88 GMC Jimmy Lifted and a 85 SWB Chevy lowered, fully shaved with front/rear rollpans silver metallic. Sold them to buy a house :nono:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Jameson...I had best of both worlds....88 GMC Jimmy Lifted and a 85 SWB Chevy lowered, fully shaved with front/rear rollpans silver metallic. Sold them to buy a house :nono:

Thats why I sold my Fatboy :bawl:

·
Registered
178 Posts
A 69-72 Blazer will be my next toy purchase. This one is very nice. It was on autotrader for like 4 years. I'm not sure he'll get what he's asking for it.

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Not a blazer, but in high school I had a 69 CST10 that I sold when I went to college...:bawl: Hindsight is a bitch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts