GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is yalls feeling on bumpers done in bed liner? thinking about doing it. I can get both front and rear done for $275

·
Registered
102 Posts
buddys dad did it looks good.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did he do the whole bumper?

·
Fire Red
127 Posts
just keep in mind that bed liner starts to fades in a year or two. I bed lined my rear quarter panels on my 03 Z71 looks good just started to fade allitle

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
just keep in mind that bed liner starts to fades in a year or two. I bed lined my rear quarter panels on my 03 Z71 looks good just started to fade allitle

They offer line-x extra which is like a clear coat to keep it nice and shiny and is warrantied. I got both my front and rear replacements done.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They offer line-x extra which is like a clear coat to keep it nice and shiny and is warrantied. I got both my front and rear replacements done.
got any pics

·
Registered
311 Posts
Xtra is not used as a clearcoat. If you want black, the LINE-X and the Xtra will be black. If you want green, the LINE-X and the Xtra will be green. It won't fade or lose its gloss.

Pics fer ya:

HD1.jpg

bumperchevy2.jpg

bumperchevy3.jpg

HD3.jpg

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've been debating this for a while now, and after replacing one of the chrome endcaps that my wife decided she needed to introduce to a pole, I went down to the local LineX dealer here to find out about the getting just the chrome done front and back on the Sierra, and they quoted me "about $600-$700" So I decided that was okay and will take them off to get powdercoated for $200 instead. But I really like the look of the LineX, too bad the local guy here is so expensive. If it wasn't, I'd have a lot of stuff done with it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My opinions:

Powdercoating: If you get stuff powdercoated, you should know that there are different qualities and thicknesses. Do your homework and know what's good and what's not good, I've personally seen both. One problem you might experience with powdercoating on a front bumper is rock chips.

DIY bedliner products: They are not as durable as the professional bedliners, but that doesn't mean they are not right for you. Just keep in mind that "you get what you pay for" applies here. Also, most will require some sort of UV topcoat to prevent fading if that's important to you.

Professional bedliners: Expensive, but they are the most durable and the brands that are applied with high pressure look much better than the brands that are applied with low or no pressure. If fading is important to you, some brands offer fade resistant products.

dwalton31: Dealers are free to set their own prices, so prices will vary. Call another dealer. Find dealers in your area at golinex.com, use the Find a Store function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts