GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was Looking at getting rino linning or another pro spray in linning. but i saw a roll on at the store today. if done right can the roll on be just as good as the pro spray on

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
depends on what you use your bed for, i used a DIY, and love it, do i haul anything? no.

if your like me...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDpYIT6VkA[/ame]

and where to purchase it...http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/upol-specialty.aspx

it applies great, looks dark (still does after 2 years), it's had a smoother feel then line-x, but still has some coarse to it.

most people on here will tell you to go with line-x, they haven't used this.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
ive sprayed over those before. Im partial to line-X myself. If you were to make a DIY liner to the same thickness as a professionally installed liner, it would cost you alot more to DIY, and you would still be getting an inferior product.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My Rhino Lining has been quite durable, but I've had a rear end in the bed take a chunk out of it and it fades quick. I have heard good about line-x and both have warranty. From my experience, the Bed Armor kit is garbage IMO. And with DIY kits, prepping is very important. At least if you do it yourself, you know you'll do a good job and there are a lot of products out there to choose from.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i heard of the rhine lining fading, i am considering finding someone to do line x or the spray in FourStar07 posted. what would the difference in price be.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Depending on which kit you get, it'll save you at least 200 bucks over the line-x or rhino lining. Cost me 375 to Rhino the bed and gate. Between a decent kit and materials, you can do it for under 200. Some people add coarse sand or kitty litter to give it more of the non skid texture if you get a roll on kit.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Just like window tint, bed liners are best done by those who really know what they are doing. I do not like Rhino at all. Have seen way too many of them that are chipped and flaking.

·
Built by me
104 Posts
Line-x is the best imo especially if your gonna use your bed to haul.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
My old s10 had some kind of DIY liner in it. The grit in the liner was coarse enough it would damage anything you put in the bed. It took me over 4 hours to strip my bed rails with 24 grit discs.

The only time line x sucks is when you put something heavy in the back and want to slide it out. I had a 700# boiler in the bed of a truck with line x. It was harder getting the boiler out of the truck than it was getting the boiler into the basement.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had Line X in my 92 since 1994 and have abused it more than I ever imagined I would. The day I picked it up from being sprayed I went to get a load of concrete blocks. When I asked the shop if it would be ok they said that the liner dried and was as hard as it would ever be within 2 minutes of being sprayed. They were right. Blocks, engines, trannys, industrial electric motors, scrap metal, furniture, lumber, firewood, hell anything I can think of has been tossed in that bed and never had a problem.

I did manage to knock a small patch up (along with the paint under it) with a large piece of angle iron a couple of years ago. I took it back to the shop and they repaired it for free under the Lifetime Warranty. You can not tell where they patched it and they said if it ever happened again to bring it back to ANY Line X dealer and it would be repaired again for free.

I just had it sprayed in my 03 this week. I think it's a bargain at $475.

My father in law has Rhino in his truck and it looks like someone sprayed marshmallows back there. It's faded very bad and chunks come out on a regular basis almost every time we load up scrap iron to haul off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts