GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys is real hard to remove the bed for a 2/4 drop. I have a 2000gmc reg. cab. How many bolts? and how heavy?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Never did it, yet, but it's like 6 or 8 bolts, have to undo the wiring harness for the tailights, best to take off the tailgate, have to unconnect the gas filler neck .... weight, takes 4 to 6 guys to lift it I suppose.

·
Registered
703 Posts
:sumo: bolts are not an issue, if you want to be safe and don't have one of those bed-lifting attachments that go on an engine lift then get a couple buddys to help ya out, unless you and a couple buddys have a combined weight of 300lbs then you should be able to move it around fine

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
There is no point on taking it off to do a 2/4 drop, I just istalled a 4/6 on Blue02s truck and didnt take his bed off, do lots of lidt instals and never take the bed off...

·
Scooter
550 Posts
6 bolts total on the NBS make sure you tak ehte tailgate off of course disconnect the filler neck and the tail light harnest under the bed.. it takes about 2 people if you arent that strong make it 3-4.. take picture of the drop :)

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
did a 4/6 with new leaf springs and new shackles... never needed to remove the bed. thats just more work and more headaches cause its never as easy as remove a few bolts and lift it out... never.

u can do the drop with the bed on... trust us, we know all.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah I've never known why anyone would need to remove the bed on any static drop, except to maybe notch the center cross member if the truck was going REAL low.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
3 people is all it takes. a 2/4 is much easier with the bed off. The hangers are horrible to cut off with the bed on. Do youself the favor and get some guys and take the bed off. A 4/6 doesnt need the bed off because the hangers aren't altered. 2/4 is harder than a 4/6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts