GMC Truck Forum banner

bed removal

1029 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Beyond Static
hey guys is real hard to remove the bed for a 2/4 drop. I have a 2000gmc reg. cab. How many bolts? and how heavy?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Jason RIP
9,790 Posts
Never did it, yet, but it's like 6 or 8 bolts, have to undo the wiring harness for the tailights, best to take off the tailgate, have to unconnect the gas filler neck .... weight, takes 4 to 6 guys to lift it I suppose.

· Registered
877 Posts
:sumo: bolts are not an issue, if you want to be safe and don't have one of those bed-lifting attachments that go on an engine lift then get a couple buddys to help ya out, unless you and a couple buddys have a combined weight of 300lbs then you should be able to move it around fine

· Drive It Like Ya Stole It
7,517 Posts
There is no point on taking it off to do a 2/4 drop, I just istalled a 4/6 on Blue02s truck and didnt take his bed off, do lots of lidt instals and never take the bed off...

· Scooter
647 Posts
6 bolts total on the NBS make sure you tak ehte tailgate off of course disconnect the filler neck and the tail light harnest under the bed.. it takes about 2 people if you arent that strong make it 3-4.. take picture of the drop :)

· Rollin with Saget
4,591 Posts
did a 4/6 with new leaf springs and new shackles... never needed to remove the bed. thats just more work and more headaches cause its never as easy as remove a few bolts and lift it out... never.

u can do the drop with the bed on... trust us, we know all.

· Registered
1,761 Posts
3 people is all it takes. a 2/4 is much easier with the bed off. The hangers are horrible to cut off with the bed on. Do youself the favor and get some guys and take the bed off. A 4/6 doesnt need the bed off because the hangers aren't altered. 2/4 is harder than a 4/6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.