GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a step side with a roll pan but I was considering changing it to a fleet side. Which do you think looks better, I plan on putting the caddy clip on in the future and I think the straight side would look better!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Fleet side would look a lot better. That Caddy clip is kinda big I think it would look weird with a sports side.

·
Registered
275 Posts
go with the fleet side...

You can mold a rollpan if you want, flip your tailgate handle, and add caddy lights also...

Stepsides are nice... but when it comes to doin custom work to the back end... I would choose a fleet side any day of the week...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I just did the swap myself with someone off of FSC.com. Straight forward, and easy to do. Why did I? I had a stepside, but after dragging it once after channelling it, the bedsides shattered. I've got a steel fleetside now and I'm much happier.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Fleetsides :bawl:

:kidding:

If you really think you are going with a Caddy front clip...I would have to agree with everyone and say go with the fleetside. The Escalade front clip is kind of like the 03+ Silverado front clip...it is too flat and straight for the sportside. However, I think the sportsides look sweet with a Chevy front clip. The sportsides are kind of rare (well, around here that is)...you will see 35 fleetsides before one stepside. Just my $0.02 though :anitoof:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thax for the input, If you know someone looking for a stepside, I am interested in trading.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If your gonna do the Caddy swap get a fleetside bed, the square front end with the rounded bedsides looks like crap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts