GMC Truck Forum banner

Bed Tire Mount Completed no 56K or DIE

8K views 72 replies 44 participants last post by  Poppa Burgundee 
#1 ·
Well, this project is all but done now. Just need to add the 2 new spline lug nuts I ordered, the wheel lock and black painted Jester plastic wheel inserts.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, the bolts on the bed floor are supplemental, there are also welded boxes underneath the plates up near the front bed rail holes with 1/2" grade 8 bolts bolted through one of the existing holes, that's really the strength of this design, thing is solid as hell...absolutely no flex in the tubing at all.

#12 ·
That ain't happening..while I was cleaning the truck today I noticed underneath the flares there is a nice subtle scratch the entire length of the flare right behind it where the rubber gasket is along the flares' edge. Dirt and grime get underneath and if they flex at all it scratches it up real good. I like how the flares look though, they fit the trucks theme.

#19 ·
Looks good !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::imo
looks great man...whats next???
Thanks..last thing would be a small rear tube bumper guard with a plate covering the exposed hitch tubing.

WildChevys is trying to talk me into a roof rack with lights..but I doubt I would do that.

#22 ·
Looks really good man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.