Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Colormatched

Votes: 7 33.3%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, im gonna have my friend who owns a body shop spray a bedliner in my truck. He said he could tint it or put black in. First question is, how far over the rails do I want it? Secondly, what would look better, colormatched or black on my truck? (Truck in sig)

Post up some pictures of your bedliners (colormatched or black) to let me get a feel for what they look like and how far to go over the rails.

:shake:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I said colormatch because I think it would look good because it won't stand out. I want to get a white bed liner in mine or a bed rug.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Nick, doing the top of the bed rails is always a good idea. That's the first place that's gonna get whacked when lifting something heavy in to the bed. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of liner on the rails but it serves a valuable purpose.

With your truck, since I've seen it in person, I would say colormatch with your body color. Black would just look out of place IMO.

On a side note...what kind of friendly deal can another person get from your buddy?

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
I chose black because I think colormatched can look kinda weird sometimes. If he can get it to match exactly it might not look bad though. If it were white I may have said colormatched but I like black most the time. I have black in mine and my dads white dually has black in it and I think they look great.

Mine is under the rails and I wish it was over but I have diamond plate on them now so you can't even tell :shrug:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I said colormatch because I think it would look good because it won't stand out. I want to get a white bed liner in mine or a bed rug.
white bedliner FTL :imo

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nick, doing the top of the bed rails is always a good idea. That's the first place that's gonna get whacked when lifting something heavy in to the bed. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of liner on the rails but it serves a valuable purpose.

With your truck, since I've seen it in person, I would say colormatch with your body color. Black would just look out of place IMO.

On a side note...what kind of friendly deal can another person get from your buddy?
IDK man. If you are serious, I could ask him this afternoon when I call him back to tell him what color I want. Give me a call on my cell if you wanna talk about it.

Im kinda leaning towards colormatch because his painter is top notch and can tint colors to look almost dead the same. If it were just under the rails, i would probably go black but with it being over the rails, im thinkin colormatched may look better on top. IDK keep throwing up yalls opinions...

Edit: Anyone have any pictures or opinions on how far to go over the rail? The painter said he can go as far as I want or as short as I want. Im thinking just barely over the curve...

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Right to where the curve starts to transition to the actual fender panel. :imo

I've got other things on my list before a liner but I'll let you know when the time comes.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
please don't do it over the rails:imo

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
I'd colormatch it, colormatched liners look better than black ones usually IMO. I hate over the rail, I'd never ever ever get over the rail, but then again I don't use my bed for anything.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think im going to have to get over the rail. There are some scratches on the rails and I use my bed often, thats the only reason I still have the bars on them now is because they offer some protection.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i would say the regular black. ive seen some of the colored ones start to fade and lose their lustris color after a couple years and shit staining them. the black stays fine though.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i would go colormatched but the only thing i would worry about is it fading because it will over time and will not match your paint but i ges at that point you could put some bed caps on if it looks that bad.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep it coming...im still trying to decide.

Also he quoted me $80 to prep, paint, and wetsand/buff my mirrors. Sound like a decent deal?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
i wanna colored liner but i hear they fade. LineX has a UV protector, but only in the black, the paint still fades over time. mines not sitting in the sun all the time that much anyways, so i went and got prices. colormatched lineX is $900 in my color. or i can get a shitty colormatched liner for like $400-$500. I prefer the lineX material because its like sandpaper, its not random small blobs in all different sizes. i think that stuff looks shitty.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
i wanna colored liner but i hear they fade. LineX has a UV protector, but only in the black, the paint still fades over time. mines not sitting in the sun all the time that much anyways, so i went and got prices. colormatched lineX is $900 in my color. or i can get a shitty colormatched liner for like $400-$500. I prefer the lineX material because its like sandpaper, its not random small blobs in all different sizes. i think that stuff looks shitty.
Line-X is pure greatness. My dad has it in his Canyon's bed and over the rail, and it's took everything that has been thrown at it and still looks brand new. If I ever get a spray in for mine, it will damn well be Line-X for sure.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far 7 to 5 with black winning. This stuff is supposed to be UV fadeproof but IDK how much of that I believe. He showed me a sample of it today and it looks awesome. (Not gloopy or splotchy). I just have to decide on a color...lol

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I would go black if you use your truck, and if you do over the rail, dont go to far over.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts