GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal I did my entire dash except the top piece. I was on vacation and since the body man wasn't doing anything I called him and told him to just take it off, well when I get back from vacation he'd taken it out and painted it. It looks like he smoothed it out some then sprayed it with alot of primer and blocked it with 400. It looks smooth until the sun hits it right and then it's pretty noticible.

My question is that if you were in my position would you take it out and fix it then have the shop repaint it?

I've been thinking about it all winter, but can't make my mind up so I figured I'd just ask you guys.

Thanks,
Justin

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i would have it done how you want it done... if your getting second thoughts... then it wasnt done how you want it...

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
onyx said:
i would have it done how you want it done... if your getting second thoughts... then it wasnt done how you want it...
:word: If your questioning it than it wasn't done how you think it should have been. Have it fixed....

Cameron

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
dude i would take that shit back and make them redo it how you want it done

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to do it, because I did the rest of the dash myself and I knew this guy was a good body man, but didn't really know how to smooth the plastic out the way I wanted it done. So I'm just gonna smooth it out myself

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a5e6c7e1.gif

and here's one of the fan shroud I just got done smoothing out and shaving off the text:
Fan_Shroud.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts