GMC Truck Forum banner

Before and After pics with 2" drop springs

667 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  iamkeniff 
#1 ·
Does anyone have before and after pics of their trucks with the 2" drop springs in the back to level out the truck. I'm purchasing mine shortly and would like to see the outcome of them. So if you guys have any pics before and after, please post. Thanks, Justin

#3 ·
the only thing they really do is make the back end look less shitty.

Honestly, if you're looking to drop your truck and actually make it look good, 4" or more is best.

I say this having run shackles for over a year and people didn't notice a damn thing.

EDIT-Hell I had somebody tell me once my truck would look good dropped and it already had a 3/4. Now I'm going to a 4/8 though pretty soon here.

#4 ·
O.K. see I have been trying to realize the difference between shackles and springs and a drop. Now what I want to do is lower my truck from stock height to level it out with the front. I was told that a pair of shackles would work to even the front and back. Then I later saw a post and some one said springs..this is what got me confused. I have seen a couple before and after pics with SHACKLES in the back and they looked alot better than stock. So thanks for clearing everything up guys.

#5 ·

all i have is a 2" shackle, it's on 255-55-18s....sorry i can't give you a before picture, i bought the truck with the drop on it. i can give you a picture later on of the truck with a 2/7....and a 1" lower on the passenger side to assist with the LEAN

#6 ·
Re: Before and After pics with 2" drop shackles

Ya, thats the exact look im going for. I m really not interested in dropping the truck with a 2/4 or anything. I think the shackles are exactly what I need to make the truck look the way I want it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.