GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well kinda new here, figured i would post up pics of my truck, both before and after the lift, tell me what you think
day i brought it home(yes those are 235/85/16 skinnies)
21185916_75014622_0.jpg

day after->285 BFG m/t and 40 series flowmasters
21686506_76476966_0.jpg

few in between pics, added k&n, 2 12" kickers, bigger tranny cooler, gooseneck hitch(thats useless now), line-x, painted stock air dam black to match top pad, custom tune, red/clear strobes/leds all around, some cab lights, then candied the tails
CID__05-25-06_1739copy.jpg

CID__04-02-06_1846copy.jpg

then 8" fabtech lift and 37x14 nittos
think theyll fit?
DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

on the lift
DSCN0183.jpg

unloading parts, thats me in the blue
DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0180.jpg

buddy showing off my 3/4 ton shaft lol (that didnt sound right)
DSCN0195.jpg

Buff slicin and dicin, dont know what the hell Summits doin
DSCN0206.jpg

almost done, thats me in the red
DSCN0211.jpg

ridin to go get it aligned
DSCN0219.jpg

swappin tires
cid__03-09-07_1843.jpg

finished product almost
DSCN0266.jpg

mines bigger haha
DSCN0332-1.jpg

also see the z71 tahoe air dam i added here
DSCN0321copy.jpg

whatcha think?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now a few poser offroading shots (real ones will come after i get it regeared finally the 5.13s are in the basement)
DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

i love this shot
DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

and for comparison, this was stock
CID__02-17-06_2244copy.jpg

oh and some new cleaned up pics
DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

DSCN0680-1.jpg

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Looks awesome dude. The mirrors are huge, but I guess you need em for towing.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great man. Those wheels are perfect for your truck, good choice.
thanks, i got them used, so thats why they are on there, i had originally planned on 17s, and still have two sets of 17s hummer h2s and boyd coddington hotrod 8s, thought about using one of those sets to put a cheap set of 38" used mud tires on, either that or upgrade the nittos to some 38" tires on the 20s after i do the shackle flip, and crank it up about another 1" in the front

9,803 Posts
man that truck looks good, but i HATE how much the front end is sticking out!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
please please get rid of the bed rails.
umm lemme think about it....no, they hide a big crease on the top of the bed rails from pulling a 5th wheel at too sharp of an angle up a hill off road, well its not as noticeable now because of the bed liner, but still they grew on me, and they were free

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man that truck looks good, but i HATE how much the front end is sticking out!
ya i hate it too, my only problem with the fabtech other than the non full drop, i had thought about some wheels with more backspacing to make up for it (would actually let me run a taller tire, these wheels make the 14" wide tire just barely rub the fender flare at full lock under compression, like half an inch more backspacing it would miss completely, guess i could trim it), i actually had to put 2" spacers on the rear to make the front/rear track width come close to matching because it really bothered me

9,803 Posts
ya i hate it too, my only problem with the fabtech other than the non full drop, i had thought about some wheels with more backspacing to make up for it (would actually let me run a taller tire, these wheels make the 14" wide tire just barely rub the fender flare at full lock under compression, like half an inch more backspacing it would miss completely, guess i could trim it), i actually had to put 2" spacers on the rear to make the front/rear track width come close to matching because it really bothered me
I know what you mean man...that is basically one of the MAIN reasons I don't like any of the fabtech lifts. Dont get me wrong...the truck looks awesome, but having all the tire out from under the truck just looks odd from the front.

P.S. Kudos to you for not taking what I said as a personal attack and for being kewl about what was said.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what you mean man...that is basically one of the MAIN reasons I don't like any of the fabtech lifts. Dont get me wrong...the truck looks awesome, but having all the tire out from under the truck just looks odd from the front.

P.S. Kudos to you for not taking what I said as a personal attack and for being kewl about what was said.
dude i could care less what anyone says bout the lift, i mean fabtech was not my first choice, id rather have cognito, but...this one was free:shake: :endofshow

besides why would i get pissed over somethin said on the internet? i wouldnt have posted my truck up if i didnt want to hear all the comments good/bad

and thanks for the compliments guys, suprised no one has ragged on my flexage or lack thereof

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the way the front end looks, makes it more aggressive looking. Probably alot harder to keep clean though.
no kiddin, i gotta wash it tonight when i get back home, its nasty, hit the smallest puddle it looks like i went mud boggin

9,803 Posts
dude i could care less what anyone says bout the lift, i mean fabtech was not my first choice, id rather have cognito, but...this one was free:shake: :endofshow
and thanks for the compliments guys, suprised no one has ragged on my flexage or lack thereof
I hear ya man and I cant believe you got the lift for free.

Also I think everyone here realizes that our IFS isn't going to flex so very few people have any room to talk on here :endofshow

1 - 20 of 49 Posts