GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 tahoe has a rough country lift that I dont want. Its keys and uca in the front with the shocks and ext things. The rear is a add a leaf also from rc. I want to get it back down to stock. Can I run the uca with stock keys? Will stock keys allow me to get lower than the lift keys? Does add a leaf ride stiffer than stock.
It sits like this with keys decranked all the way.

galaxy s3

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good but rides and handles terrible!
Current plan is to loose the add a leaf and replace with a 2" block. Crank keys just a bit to level and replace all 4 shocks with something of quality.
galaxy s3

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I doubt the add a leaf is your problem and will not really help much riding better. I would look more into all the wearable parts that are probably trashed after being cranked; bjs, tie rods, pitman arm, bushings all around, etc.

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are all in the garage. Its in the shop for intake gaskets and full tune up. I think shocks would be a plus.

galaxy s3

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks good but rides and handles terrible!
Current plan is to loose the add a leaf and replace with a 2" block. Crank keys just a bit to level and replace all 4 shocks with something of quality.
galaxy s3
If it handles terrible.. Did you get an alignment done after you de-cranked!
With the add a leaf, it should be stiff in the rear, but should handle well....

Fill the rear with an ice chest and drinks to compensate for the AAL, head to the lake and enjoy!

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
change keys to stock, decrank, keep UCAs and get alignment. Also get legit shocks not their extension kit crap.

I rode on the 3" for a year and it was fine with upgraded shocks.

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep aal or no? Whats a good set of shocks? I dont offroad at all. Wife drives to work 5 days a week

galaxy s3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts