GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Praise The Lowered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and appreciate all the experts and ideas here. Just picked up an 09 rcsb. Gonna lower it 4/7 with Belltech flip kit, spindles and struts. Looking for information on the struts. It shows spacing with and without "Auto Ride." Checked my owners manual and couldn't find anything about it. Can anyone tell me what Auto Ride is.

Also, the instructions say to use the 10mm spacer to lower it 2". Has anyone experimented and used an 8mm or no spacer at all.

If I recall, I remember someone on a truck forum saying that they didn't lower the gas tank and didn't remove the front spring bolt. They this sound right? I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks............and remember brothers.........PRAISE THE LOWERED!!!!!!!

·
the art of shredding
730 Posts
i have the beltech 4/7 kit, then added the struts, i took out all the rings except for the 10mm one that one is supposed to stay in no matter what. and no you dont have auto ride so dont worry about that part. and yes dropping the tank to remove the leaf spring bolt is actually the easier way of installing the flip kit.

·
the art of shredding
730 Posts
dropping the tank takes about 5 minutes just make sure you do it without much gas in it. makes it way easier, i did mine with a half tank and it was still easy, just open the gas door undo the filler cap so the tank can drop with out the filler hose holding it up then undo the two straps and down goes the tank(make sure you have a jack under)

or you can leave the gas tank up there and carefully remove every brake line and sensor and whatever else is attachted to the rearend twist it way out of the way then drop the leaf bring the rearend back into place and carefully attach every line and fitting and sensor back onto the rearend(basiclly fuck that) dropping the tank is the way to go, much easier and a shit load faster.

·
Praise The Lowered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. The kit also came with the offset bushings. Did you have to install them to get your truck to align?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts