GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, someone is bound to try them but I wouldn't. McGaughy's are great and until I get some proof, rather than just words from a tech, I won't be recommending the BellTechs. At first glance, I'd almost say that they got their hands on a McGaughy's spindle and updated their crappy one.

Cameron

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
hmmm i wonder if they will let you trade in the old belltech spindles for the new ones

that would be cool since people seem to have so many problems with them

i have the older style and for now i will have to use them unless i can find some money to buy some mcgaughy's

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
The problems w/ LCA's is the bumpsteer they create. Bothers some people.....

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
http://autorepair.about.com/library/glossary/bldef-043a.htm
The tendency of a vehicle to suddenly veer or swerve to one side when hitting a bump or dip in the road. The condition is caused by uneven toe changes that occur as a result of the steering linkage or rack not being parallel with the road surface. This causes the wheels to change toe unevenly as the suspension undergoes jounce and rebound.
DJM lca's do reveal an increase of bumpsteer over stock. Def. not bad at all but it does bother some.

Cameron

·
Loves yoga pants
2,414 Posts
christayse said:
Does a stiffer anti-sway bar help any with bumpsteer?
Actually by stiffening the sway bar it creats more of a bumpsteer feel. I recently noticed that my installer over tightened my sway bar end links, according to DJM, and when I loosened them as DJM requested I noticed a much more comfotable ride and some less bumpsteer.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
When you tighten the end links stop when the bushings just BEGIN to compress. If you tighten them to the point they begin to distort you've overtightened them. Lots of people overdo this.....not only does it damage the bushing life, it can bend the end links, increase bumpsteer, and decrease benifit of the sway bar.

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Bottomed what out? The threads on the end link? Simply put, like I said, if you tighten them to the point the bushings begin to distort you've overtightened them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah the treads on the endlink, They are way over tightened. I just went to look and one bushing is busted already. Guess I know what to buy in the morning :pow:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I installed 2" drop arms on my bro's 98. It has a lot more bumpsteer than it did stock. I installed a aftermarket sway bar and it reduced some of it but it's still noticably more than stock.

Cameron

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
cool, I have my 4inch drop installed and waiting to do my front and I was just wondering about the sway bars, I bought helwig anti sways for the front and rear, The rear is great with the 4 inch drop and sway bar. THis is my first truck I have had a z28 and mustangsin the past and I like that feeling of good handling. You guys have some nice rides and this is all new to me and I love hearing your guys input on your trucks thanks.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
$200 for a belltech spindle is not bad at all even if they stole Mcgaughy's design. As long as I don't increase turning radius and you don't have to mess with the balljoints, I'd be willing to give them a try.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts