GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found around 70-80s oldsmobile 350 motor out of car. I wonder it will fit in my 1984 K10 and tranny patterny bolts will be able fit"? mine 4 speed manual. What kind is best intake mainfold. My goal is around 400-450 hp to built. Is this engine have 4 bolts main?

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
I found around 70-80s oldsmobile 350 motor out of car. I wonder it will fit in my 1984 K10 and tranny patterny bolts will be able fit"? mine 4 speed manual. What kind is best intake mainfold. My goal is around 400-450 hp to built. Is this engine have 4 bolts main?
idk about the trans, i thought it would be the same, worst case u get a diff belhouseing IIRC

also the only way to tell if it has 4 bolt is by the codes on the block

intake, i like the victor jr. i have had 2 of them and like them enough that i had one repaired

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
is it a sbo or sbc 70s olds had olds 350 80s had chevy ones

the bellhousing on a olds motor is bop you need bop to chevy adapter thers 50-100 ish

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
350 olds would make 450 hp easy

350 chevy would be alot of work
Really. I just worry about my trans housing pattern will fit on olds or not. this is big block 350 I think. Anyway I got 1986 350 block out of c10. It has 4 bolts mains. I not sure which one I should go with one, that way I can take to machine shop to built one for me,.

·
Registered
54 Posts
350 olds would make 450 hp easy

350 chevy would be alot of work
a 350 chevy could easily make 450+ and probably cheaper to build than an olds. i`ve never built and olds motor so i`m not sure of the prices though.

stick with the chevy and you wouldn`t have to worry about changing the motor mounts and the transmission bellhousing.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
a 350 chevy could easily make 450+ and probably cheaper to build than an olds. i`ve never built and olds motor so i`m not sure of the prices though.

stick with the chevy and you wouldn`t have to worry about changing the motor mounts and the transmission bellhousing.
you do know olds built the most powerful small block engine turning 13s in 69 with a th350 behind it they made close to that hp stock

and jsyk a 450 hp olds would leave a 450 hp chevy in the dust hp isnt the only number that matters in the equation

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
Really. I just worry about my trans housing pattern will fit on olds or not. this is big block 350 I think. Anyway I got 1986 350 block out of c10. It has 4 bolts mains. I not sure which one I should go with one, that way I can take to machine shop to built one for me,.
if its an olds engine its easy to change over just the motor mounts and the adapter which is 40 bucks on jegs right now

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

thats an olds it looks quite a bit different than a chevy

Damn I can see that is different from head wide from olds than chevy. No wonder! The mounts should be same? but how can I find housing for tranny to fit. Since mine is 4 speed with low granny gear (manual)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts