GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you might remember, I had a small accident last april. We've started saving money to undo what was damaged as well as a few other small things that need to be done just because she's getting old. Well, my father-in-law is a mechanic at a helicopter place in Louisiana and he said that he would do what he could on the body for me, which recently he amended to include sanding, paint, clear coat and everything because he can get all the supplies he needs for free at the shop (so when Bessie gets repainted she'll be solid blue and it'll be helicopter paint). He started pulling dents this weekend, starting with the passenger side door, which was keeping me from rolling my window down. Working around the window stuff inside the door gave him fits, but he got it looking pretty good. He's going to bondo sometime either today or tomorrow to get rid of the drill holes. It's crazy to think that I might actually be able to get Bessie back to lookin' good.

It worked out pretty good on the angles, seeing as I hadn't looked at these pics in months, so the before/after is really effective.
100_1837.gif

100_1838.gif

Now it just looks like I got ambushed by a midget with a .22 rifle
RHdoor2.gif

RHdoor1.gif

RHdoor3.gif

I'll post more pics as more stuff gets done. The rest of the cab dents are child's play compared to that fuckin' door. I was almost tempted to just replace the damn thing, but he got it lookin' pretty good. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I'm starting to get pretty optimistic about this.

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
LOL, midget attack!!! I'll have to come check out the progress so far. We all have a lot of memories attached to that truck...not the least of which was pulling the engine lol.

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, that was messy...that old bored-out block is still sitting out in the shop at g'pa's...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts