GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6k hids in my lows and was wondering which LED bulbs for my 3157 DRLs work well and dont burn out as fast as a lot of them do. I have heard that people have bought them and they have burnt out in just a couple months. I don't want to spend a lot of money pair after pair. Anyone have any referrals?

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
search 63 led bulbs on ebay. i got them for my reverse bulbs. they are very bright. think they r about $25 for the pair.

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
yea but the drl will blow reg leds. i had a few pairs in my 03 and my 08 and i gave up.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have 6k hids in my lows and was wondering which LED bulbs for my 3157 DRLs work well and dont burn out as fast as a lot of them do. I have heard that people have bought them and they have burnt out in just a couple months. I don't want to spend a lot of money pair after pair. Anyone have any referrals?
search the TAHOE forum. One guy did that but wired in a diode. The spike in voltage kills the LEDS. For some reason the DRL have this issue with voltage spikes.

Mr. 960

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Two manufactures on ebay (last time i checked) make a Led with a built in regulator for GM DRLs i had the cheaper pair and after about 3 months the top leds went out. They had a one year warranty but i never sent them in. V-Leds also sells a SMT version but they were more expensive and i never tried them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what are smt bulbs?

I have seen the LEDs meant for GM DRLs for $50 but that just looks like a scam..do you think they will work? For the backup ones I might go for the ones 20inch8lug has

·
Registered
52 Posts
what are smt bulbs?

I have seen the LEDs meant for GM DRLs for $50 but that just looks like a scam..do you think they will work? For the backup ones I might go for the ones 20inch8lug has
I don't think $50 sounds like a scam. They're built to handle the voltage spike of the DRL, which is what kills all the others. I've dealt with V-Leds a bunch and their product has yet to let me down once. FWIW.

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
he has a reg .com store too, not just ebay.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
I have some cheap ones from hid-lights.com. I think I paid $9.99 for the pair four or so years ago. I bought some for the DRL's on my 2001 Suburban, Moms 2002 Tahoe, Friends 2004 Suburban and 2002 Escalade and my Uncles 2003 Silverado. All still work without any issues.

http://www.hid-lights.com/cat/LED-3157.htm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have some cheap ones from hid-lights.com. I think I paid $9.99 for the pair four or so years ago. I bought some for the DRL's on my 2001 Suburban, Moms 2002 Tahoe, Friends 2004 Suburban and 2002 Escalade and my Uncles 2003 Silverado. All still work without any issues.

http://www.hid-lights.com/cat/LED-3157.htm
Are they brighter and do you remember which one you bought?

I'd like an exact link for ones that will work without burning out that will help a bunch.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
search the TAHOE forum. One guy did that but wired in a diode. The spike in voltage kills the LEDS. For some reason the DRL have this issue with voltage spikes.

Mr. 960
x2

any bulb you buy is gonna go out unless you get the special ones to handle the drl voltage spike unless you use a diode.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
some people who have already replied said they have had them for years and nothing has happened...I know there is a voltage spike but maybe some leds can handle it

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
LED brakelights and reverse lights should help with smoked tails since they are brighter right?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts