GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear everybody's opinion on which lift I should go with. I drive about 100 miles a day on a crappy highway so I don't want the control arms to be stretched out like a leveling kit. So far I have been leaning towards the 6" Zone lift but I would like the height of the RC 7.5"

It will be going on a 08 1500 4wd ext w/oem 20's and 35/12.50's

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
My truck is my DD as well. I've had no problems with the RC kit so far. My round trip commute is about 65 miles on interstate FWIW.

·
Official Ninja
561 Posts
I had a fabtech on my 02 which was my dd. No complaints at all. Never had any problems. Only thing I didn't like about it was that it makes your truck sit cali unless you add a bigger block or aal (which I did) Other than that I loved it.

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My truck is my DD as well. I've had no problems with the RC kit so far. My round trip commute is about 65 miles on interstate FWIW.
I like the Cali lean your truck has. Is that the way the kit came from RCX or did you raise the front even higher? I want it to sit even or an inch higher in the back because I tow a trailer with it and I don't want to have any psi in the helper bags when I am not towing.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
My truck doesn't sit as cali as that pic shows. It has settled to level. The concrete in that picture is not level so its a little deceiving.

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
the only thing i dont like about the RC kit is that it doesnt fully drop the front diff. other than that seems like a decent kit.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i would go with the 8" fabtech and leave it at 8" that way you will get the best ride possible, although i did have a 6" procomp on my 08 tahoe cranked to 8" and rode as good or mayb better than stock and that was with mx6 coils in the front and resis in the back.

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
^^ problem with the fabtech is you cant run stock wheels without spacers.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Can't run stock wheels with the Zone.

After doing all my research I found that the RCX 7.5" and Superlift 6" are about the only kits that will allow you to run stock 20" wheels. Those that were in my price range anyways.

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
I have quite a few RC 7.5s out without any issues so far. Its a great kit for the money.
Also, the Zone 6.5 is a good kit for a budget lift.'
Let me know if you need a price on any lift.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
i would have to say 6" Superlift with superlift leaf springs, bilstein shocks, and superlift coil bodys.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
i would have to say 6" Superlift with superlift leaf springs, bilstein shocks, and superlift coil bodys.
Are you running Superlift springs? How do they ride? Im thinking of running 4" springs w/ my 1" zero rates and 4" shackle flip. Not feeling the cali lean I got going on.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Especially after I had 750lbs in the bed and rubbed the shit out of it lol. I guess I need helpers too :( I think 2.5" of Cali is to much though. 1" is perfect :imo

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Rancho 4". Actually more like 6". I have stock 18's that work with it, so I don't know if the 20's will work. Keeping them for my winter/back-up wheels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts