GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 2600 firestones right now on the back. but im thinking of swapping over to f9000s. will it ride better? i would just like everybody's opinion on air bags for the front and rear. towing and no towing.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I had F9000's on the back of my 83 and it rode great. It'll all depend on if you have the room with the mounts you have now.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
would the f9000s fill up as fast as an re7? im going with a bag over axle setup and im thinking of running the f9000s for more lift. but id like it to fill fast

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
if its a bag over axle set up, run the f9000s or some other kind of sleeve style bag.

if its any other kind of setup... run slam specialties

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah i guess im going with the f900s. but will they air up slower than the re7s? id like it to be able to hop in the rear..

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4-link.jpg

right now its just a behind the axle. but ive got new brackets that need to be welded on that will bring it down a few more inches.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah i was thinking that..maybe ill just mount the bags on the lower 4 link bars

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Unless you want it to ride rough. The only time I'd run a convoluted bag is on a SUV or maybe an 8 on a dually.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
what about up front?? wats recomended?? wont dual 1/2" ports lift it up to quick or can you plug one or do u want to use both of them??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts