GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup, my friend is gettin in on the ART GP, Im missin' it :insane: :pow: but anyways he was curious on what size to run? I know alot of peeps are runnin 1/2" fill and 3/8 release. He wants it quick up n down.....so would he want 1/2 both? Any videos? Whats the best brand and where to buy em? Its for a 99' NBS :rocking: Thanx!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
Sup, my friend is gettin in on the ART GP, Im missin' it :insane: :pow: but anyways he was curious on what size to run? I know alot of peeps are runnin 1/2" fill and 3/8 release. He wants it quick up n down.....so would he want 1/2 both? Any videos? Whats the best brand and where to buy em? Its for a 99' NBS :rocking: Thanx!
He can always put some mufflers on his downs to slow it down.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i bought some 1/2" GC 250's from suicidedoors.com $40 bux each and $1 shipping plus good customer service

:rocking: ive only had them on this week but they seem like some pretty good valves atleast better built than some other i have seen

·
Registered
384 Posts
What is the minimum back pressure required to keep the GC 450's from bleeding? I was told the higher pressure valves required 10 psi back pressure before they released, whereas the lower pressure rated valves would need to fall below 2 psi.. Only concern with this is if you develope a leak and your pressure fell below 10psi your valve would all of the sudden open and bleed back into the tank..I do nt know wether or not 2 psi and 10 psi is really that big of a diffrence, but was just curious if anyone knows..
I am leaning towards the 450's all around myself..

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'm running parkers... no leaks here. they stick occasionally. I remember reading flow numbers on valves, the parkers had the highest CFM, but i think they were overpriced if i remember correctly

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
black maxes on my buddies truck... Blitzluft's on my truck , no problems, work great... but if i were doing it again, i woudl get the same valves that Matt @ Gauge magazine has on his dancing s-10...it's killer fast and hops like :crazy:

·
Registered
299 Posts
1/2 parkers all around. there industrial grade valves, i work at a specialty machines shop and we are constently settin up hydro and air systems on our machines, it's what makes them run. we run parker for the sheer longetivity of the valve. great valve and can handle alot of stress. i got mine from the local parker dealer in my area for 33.00 a valve w/ mountin brackets. cant beat that!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
1/2" BIGRed's here and I wouldn't have it any other way. :head:
I thought Big Red were 3/8s and came with 3/8 line, when you stepped up to Big Red Max I thought you still got the 3/8s valves but they increased the lines to 1/2

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
bcubed said:
I thought Big Red were 3/8s and came with 3/8 line, when you stepped up to Big Red Max I thought you still got the 3/8s valves but they increased the lines to 1/2
Correct, BigREDs have a 3/8" orifice if I remember correctly.

I've been running 1/2" SMCs for a year and a half, and the two rear lift valves have been leaking up for about 3 months now. They're getting switched out for Parkers in a few weeks. :bowtie:

·
Registered
5 Posts
1/2 smc's, they are like the old school parkers wich are awesome!
on the other had i got some 300 psi jefferson's for about 3 months and ive already got one stickin so, yeah....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
bcubed said:

Actually, you and LowBlue02 are correct. My bad.....:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.