GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is a pretty opinionated question and common asked question. But I'm going to ask it anyways.

I know I'm going to upgrade my stock speakers. Just not sure what brand to go with. The main thing I'm wanting is sound clarity/quality.

Best brand for mid/highs? subs?

If you chose just one brand to go with for mid/highs/subs, who would you recommend?

What's the opinions on JBL?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
There is no best brand. There are many good brands and many great brands. And many different models within those brands. It just depends on your price range and goals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no best brand. There are many good brands and many great brands. And many different models within those brands. It just depends on your price range and goals.
Thanks. Yeah i figured that would be the case...just was curious of whats the "best bang for your buck" i guess...and is there any specific brands to stay away from.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks. Yeah i figured that would be the case...just was curious of whats the "best bang for your buck" i guess...and is there any specific brands to stay away from.
I agree with his comment about brands, best bang for buck is really, how good of a deal you can find, good used equipment for a good price, etc.. sometimes you can go on craigslist and find people giving away some awesome good old school amps because they simply do not know what they are.. i picked up a memphis ar-hc100 for 80 bucks one time.. a shop i worked at carried them and we sold them for 800 bucks.. also found a pair of late 90's u.s. amps for a bill..

just remember.. you get what you pay for.. if you go on somewhere like sonicelectronics or woofersetc.com and see some 4000 watt power acoustik for 300 bucks.. don't bee fooled.. notice it has like an 80 amp fuse rating..

on a good amp, expect to pay about $1 per watt up to about 300, then you start finding class d amps that are about 1k watts for 400-700 bucks (retail prices) and most of the time a company that makes a decent amp makes a decent sub..

i know thats such a broad thing to say and can be taken somewhat loosely.. but without giving you the run down on the hundreds upon hundreds of brands on the market.. that's about all i can tell you unless you ask an opinion on a particular brand or product.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
I guess you have to ask your self do you want to buy brand new or are you looking into used?

As far as brand new online (ebay) pricing, kicker is pretty fair. Alpine isnt bad either.

JBL is meh, i know years ago they were something.. I always consider JBL with DJ speakers and home audio.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So the money im a fan of Infinity referance mids and highs , just not a fan of their subs at all. I bought some sundown audio amps and subs from ibanender and happy with them darn good bang for the buck. SQ is right up there with some top end gear i had years ago and nice and affordable.

Mike

·
Registered
994 Posts
I like the JBL Crown amps! i had a jbl bp1200.1 about 7-8 years ago, it was a decent little amp, has a regulated power supply between 1-2 ohms.
"personally" i would never ever own infinity anything, people think sq for some reason when they talk about infinity, personally i have never heard infinity anything sound good..

i went to a friends house yesterday and he has a civic, with a pair of big zapco amps and some like 800 dollar mids in his doors,and for his highs and upper mids he is just using some morel home audio speakers that were pretty cheap, and using his pc as his processor, and those morel's sound pretty good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts